Need a carfax run

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
My ex son in law drained my grandson's savings account to buy a Jeep that they thought was a good deal. They did it over my daughter's and my objections. Of course it has issues and they want me to help fix everything. It failed emissions testing because someone took out the check engine light bulb. I scanned it for codes and found 11 codes, the most I've ever seen for one car. I haven't given it a good inspection yet but the front of the Jeep's paint looks a bit off to me (orange peel). The error codes included oxygen sensor, CPS, seat belt, airbag codes, and a bunch of ABS codes. I need to run a carfax on it to check for accidents but don't want to pay a bunch. Does anyone know of a reputable online source for a check ? or work at a car dealership that could run one for me ?

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Did some more checking, all the steering joints are bad, front shocks are shot, non standard battery cables, leaky radiator cap, aftermarket air cleaner that isn't tied down, wires touching the exhaust, hole in the muffler, cheesy paint job where they didn't mask anything but the glass, tires are cracked and mismatched, hood latch cable broken, no spare tire, and I'm sure more to come. There were two positives, a new battery and a remanufactured motor. It also has a "winch" that is an affront to the jeep's manhood. It's a harbor freight 5000 lb ATV winch.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Did some more checking, all the steering joints are bad, front shocks are shot, non standard battery cables, leaky radiator cap, aftermarket air cleaner that isn't tied down, wires touching the exhaust, hole in the muffler, cheesy paint job where they didn't mask anything but the glass, tires are cracked and mismatched, hood latch cable broken, no spare tire, and I'm sure more to come. There were two positives, a new battery and a remanufactured motor. It also has a "winch" that is an affront to the jeep's manhood. It's a harbor freight 5000 lb ATV winch.
So they paid him to take it? 😳 sheesh

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
The latest on this heep. I fixed all the electrical issues and was then going to start on the death wobble and steering issues. However that is all on hold, my grandson called last night with a dead transmission. I told his dad to take it to his house but instead a wrecker showed up and dropped it off at my house. The tranny is making a noise like a power steering pump that is low on fluid but much louder. It has plenty of ATF. I sure wish they had listened to me when I told them NOT to buy this thing....... Anyone have a spare 42RE laying around ?