need axle retubed

shawn1

like it says who can retube my d 44? I had a buddy rotating the knuckles for me and he cut the tube and was going to just weld it. But it looks deep so I think I will just have it retubed or get a new one, any thoughts or sugestions would be great:)

shawn1 said:
like it says who can retube my d 44? I had a buddy rotating the knuckles for me and he cut the tube and was going to just weld it. But it looks deep so I think I will just have it retubed or get a new one, any thoughts or sugestions would be great:)

It'll probably be cheaper for you to go find another D-44 housing, then grind the welds out on the knuckles and spin 'em a bit. Then re-weld (after trueing up the knuckle) and going for it.

Just my 2cents,
Adam

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Charles at Rocky Mt Axle does a really good job and he is reasonably priced. His number is 808-2525 and he is located in Centerville.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
That would suck.. I liked his service. I am sure he still has his equipment though. Might be worth your time to check into it.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
PierCed_3 said:
That would suck.. I liked his service. I am sure he still has his equipment though. Might be worth your time to check into it.

He took a job with another company, I don't think he's taking any extra work. Worth a call though. :(

TELFORD

its a work in progress
shawn1 said:

I called charlie, he no longer is in busniess. He did however lead me in the direction of Randy, at Advanced. the # is 521-2334. Charlie said they do good work, but I have also heard negative feedback so its up to you. Randy quoted me 250.00 for new tubes only, said it would take a few days

I called Steve at loveridge machine, he will be setup to do it in a month.

Last edited: