Need small adapter built, lathe access anyone?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I'm looking to have a piece of aluminum cut for a carb adapter... anyone have access to a lathe and willing to do some affordable work?

The needed dimensions are 54.5mm ID x 58.5mm OD x 26mm long. It's basically an adapter sleeve to fit a better motorcycle carb in place of a junky stocker.

I only need one, but I realize sometimes it's just as easy to make a few of the same thing... so if it'll keep costs down, I may be willing to do a few more & sell them? But one is all I'm after. ;)

UFAB

We got plenty of left over stock laying around. Give us a shout if ya need anything turned or milled.

Greg

Admin
The fcr is not the best choice for a dr650. You need a pumper flat slide TM carb. But either way, have you called carl at pro cycle? I'm pretty sure they stock what you need for cheap. Or this might help: http://www.wps-inc.com/catalogs/offroad#Task=NEXT&CICID=DT&PRVCID=DT&PAGE=579&Rnd=8095154086087128

Go to page 579 some of those would probably work

Also, the fcr bowl (depending on the year) will interfere with the starter power bolt.

The adapter I need goes between the air box and the carb, not the carb and head.

I put a TM40 on my last DR650 and to be honest, it was a letdown compared to the highly modified BST 40 I was running before the TM40. And I got my TM40 from Procycle, they're my go-to supplier for DR stuff.

The FCR carb from an '04-09 YFZ450 is the most commonly swapped carb on DR650's... and yeah, it works great... no fitment problems and a huge improvement in bottom end.

B2-Bomber

Some years of dr Have the starter wire clocked into the interfering position. These are older ones. I didn't catch the year of yours. This can be fixed by using a different starter cap. Btw i sold pro-cycle DR parts as a vendor for years. I quit in September. But for some reason i thought pro-cycle had the fcr swap adapters too. I guess i remembered that wrong.

In my experience pumper tm vs. Fcr isn't enough of a difference. That's my opinion. But you're not going to hate the fcr, I'm not saying that. And the fcr far and away has more adjustability/aftermarket support

Last edited:

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
They must be behind on schedule, they told me it woulda been to you by Friday. If the dimensions end up needing tweaked when you get your carb let me know and we'll get it fixed.

And we can thank @Summit _Machine for hooking me up with the material, gratis :greg:

Greg

Admin
This time of year, I'm sure USPS is running behind schedule!

It's beautiful, very nice work. Still need to find a carb, it may be awhile.... but now the hard part is done! :D