General Tech Need some plastic for my dashboard

McFate

The ashtray in the Bronco is worthless for me, so I'd like to remove it, and fill the space with some extra power points. I've got roughly a 4"x8" hole in the dash to fill. Thinking that I should be able to just trim a piece of plastic to fit, and then I could use that as a mounting point for the power sockets. Problem is, I'm not sure where to find a piece of plastic. I checked at Lowes & Home Depot, but all I found there was the clear Lexan stuff.

Any ideas where I could find a small-ish sheet of plastic or something that would work well for a project like this? Really only needs to be 1/8" thick or so.

(Was planning on attaching a photo, but forgot to take one before I left for work this morning.)

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
There is, or was, a plastics place in south salt lake on main or 300w or thereabouts. I've been in there several times needing small amounts of plastic and half the time they've let me just take something from their remnants wall. Other times whatever I needed was dirt cheap. I'll see if I can find the name.

edit - plasticfabricating.net, I believe. 3571 South 300 West.

Last edited:

Rock Taco

You could also buy an interior panel from one of the pull a part style wrecking yards and pick from many different colors. If you look at the SUV rear panels or hatch panels they should fit your need and if its already broken I'm sure it would be dirt cheap.

McFate

Don't know why I didn't think of Amazon - I get everything else there already…

Thanks for the suggestions - just got a piece ordered, and apparently Sunday delivery is a thing now, so hopefully I can get this project wrapped up this weekend.