Needing volunteers for Moab project Sept 27

treadlightly

On Land and Water
I'm trying to find volunteers to help with a project in Moab, Utah on National Public Lands Day-- Saturday, September 27 for Tread Lightly.

The project will take place at the Kane Creek trailhead staging/parking area, which serves many popular BLM trails, both motorized and non-motorized. The area receives heavy use by ATV and motorcycle riders, as well as jeepers and mountain bikers. Unfortunately it has become unorganized, often congested, and is seeing damage from unregulated use.

On the volunteer work day we will be building and installing a new kiosk that will contain information on safety, responsible use, BLM rules, maps, and brochures. We will also be repairing some range fence and erecting a sign or two. And, we will likely need volunteers to do a thorough clean-up of the staging area and trails. Moab Friends-For-Wheelin’ are organizing this event with the Bureau of Land Management.

Date: Saturday, September 27, 2008

Time: 9:00am

To sign up: Please RSVP by emailing me at
monica@treadlightly.org or calling 1-800-966-9900 as soon as possible.

MFFW will provide lunch and trash bags. Please bring gloves and plenty of water.

Work site meeting place directions: Drive south through Moab on Main Street, and turn right on Kane Creek Blvd at the McDonalds. After about 0.7 miles, bear left at the “Y”. Continue for another 3.75 miles. At this point, the road changes from paved to gravel. After a couple hundred more feet, you will see a large dirt parking area on your right. This is the worksite.

This project is part of Tread Lightly!’s program called HUMMER’s Recreation Rescue, which is funded by HUMMER.

Your work will be very appreciated! Please help us make a real difference in the health and accessibility of Moab’s incredible trails!

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
While I might be interested in helping out the only days of the week I do anything are Saturday and Sunday. Guess what Sept. 27 is?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Sounds like a good project, if I didn't have a commitment to help with the cleanup at 5 Mile Pass, I'd come over to Moab, much shorter drive! :)

Who else on here is going to this NPLD event?