New BLM director sets open house in St. George

ST. GEORGE – Residents can meet with new Utah BLM Director Juan Palma on Wednesday during an open house at the St. George Interagency Visitor Center
The newly-appointed director is hoping to meet one-one-one with residents to get their thoughts on the protection of and access to Southern Utah’s public lands.
“The public lands issues we are working hard to resolve, I believe, will require a great deal of communication with all affected parties,” Palma said in a release.

The open house is from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Interagency Visitor Center, 345 E. Riverside Drive in St. George.
We need everyone there, I'm sure SUWA will be there, please if your in the Saint George area show up it's important he knows what this area means to us.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Is there a way for U4 or someone to send the message out to residents of St George and surrounding areas? Or will they all happen to come across this thread in the next day?

BonZuki

Southwest Crawlfest
I am going to do what i can with my Contact lists that i have!

Is there a way for U4 or someone to send the message out to residents of St George and surrounding areas? Or will they all happen to come across this thread in the next day?

I talked to Jimmy Tyre the head of the Saint George office and he said it was informal and it will be in a small conference room but we still need representation .As far as he knew he didnt really have any calls in regards to this even from SUWA but you never know! I plan on being there and probably 5 or 6 others that I know of !

Don B

formerly rebarguy
I will be there for U4 and we should have some other St. George area residents there.

We've been spreading the word and hoping to get a crowd.

BonZuki

Southwest Crawlfest
Whoops BLM Meeting Re-Cap!!

Would have been nice to have more than 24 hrs notice.......oh well... not like I matter right? :cody:

Sorry Tracy it was a very mellow meet and greet with The Director , The District Manager ,and about 20 people including Phil Howell, Don Black,Kelly ,Jeff Bieber, Mike Schoppe,Myself and a few others but nobody apparently from SUWA came so pretty low key. We did however Talk to the Director and asked him to come down sometime to check out a couple areas in Don Blacks region as well as he is going to schedule coming to the Sand Hollow area in the same trip I will keep everyone posted.Also the tribune was there to get some opinions Phil Howell was happy to oblige .:)

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Just as an FYI to those that will be working with Juan, from my experience with him he is a genuinely good guy and wants to work towards amicable solutions for all sides and will take the time to listen but also expects you to listen to him and recognize both sides of the issue, and if you stonewall him and won't work with him then you won't get anything out of the situation for yourself ;) (dang family members being all in charge and stuff is nice)

BonZuki

Southwest Crawlfest
Just as an FYI to those that will be working with Juan, from my experience with him he is a genuinely good guy and wants to work towards amicable solutions for all sides and will take the time to listen but also expects you to listen to him and recognize both sides of the issue, and if you stonewall him and won't work with him then you won't get anything out of the situation for yourself ;) (dang family members being all in charge and stuff is nice)

Agreed

Don B

formerly rebarguy

Good to know.
It seemed like he was genuinely interested in hearing what people had to say.
I'm looking forward to working with him.