New comp in cedar city

TEAM FRED

I understand there will be a competition held in october at three peaks with a class for everyone. From Rhino's to stock jeeps.
Any one else heard anything about this.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
I don't know if it is true, but I miss the old days of UROC back in 2002, when almost anyone could show up to Three Peaks and compete in their junk.....

Us spectators could be seen helping those competing and It felt like a group of friends out wheeling.....It didn't really matter WHO won, cuz it was more for braggin rights than anything......

AHHH the good ole days!!!

Craig S

Commando
JeeperG said:
Yes he is. ;)

A new rock racing series will premier in Cedar City this fall (Oct. 13 & 14). I will get more specifics up soon. RME is going to be the official site for the series. The new series has two goals:
1. Fun for the competitors and spectators.
2. Exposure for sponsors to customers for their products.

The name, rules and format are being worked on now. I am looking for input from competitors, sponsors and fans. Please feel free to express any constructive ideas that you may have right here on RME!

Thank You.
Craig Stumph

great scott

Craig S said:
A new rock racing series will premier in Cedar City this fall (Oct. 13 & 14). I will get more specifics up soon. RME is going to be the official site for the series. The new series has two goals:
1. Fun for the competitors and spectators.
2. Exposure for sponsors to customers for their products.

The name, rules and format are being worked on now. I am looking for input from competitors, sponsors and fans. Please feel free to express any constructive ideas that you may have right here on RME!

Thank You.
Craig Stumph
How about a street legal/DD class?

samitoy

cannoncrawler said:
I don't know if it is true, but I miss the old days of UROC back in 2002, when almost anyone could show up to Three Peaks and compete in their junk.....

Us spectators could be seen helping those competing and It felt like a group of friends out wheeling.....It didn't really matter WHO won, cuz it was more for braggin rights than anything......

AHHH the good ole days!!!

I agree the earlier years of comp were the fun one's.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
For stock or DD, heres my couple pennies:

Stock axle housings (but stuff whatever you want inside them)

Factory wheelbase

Factory "type" suspension (if it came with leafs, coils, IFS, it's got to have em)

Full length and width body (Trimming allowed ONLY for tire clearance)

35" Tall tire limit, DOT, no stickies, no aftermarket grooving or siping

All factory glass in place(if so equipped), windshield mandatory

All steel body, unless supplied otherwise from factory, with all in place (hood, tailgate, doors, floors, firewall,ect)

No beadlock wheels. If you pack a spare on the vehicle you can use it

Stock Headlights, tailights, ect in factory locations and working at tech (but they could pop em out after) :)

Winch optional, but rope required, limited to one winch front or rear

Current registration and (where applicable) safety inspection required

And, of course all the basic safety items.......

Oh hell, did I just list the original rules from back when it was fun??? :rofl:

I think this class would rule!!! :cool:

Craig S said:
Tell me what you would like to see in that class.

Craig S

Commando
A class similar to what you have described is in the current rule book under Formula SUV. I need five people to sign up for this and we can run this class in Cedar City this fall. Any takers (see below)?

BCGPER said:
For stock or DD, heres my couple pennies:

Stock axle housings (but stuff whatever you want inside them)

Factory wheelbase

Factory "type" suspension (if it came with leafs, coils, IFS, it's got to have em)

Full length and width body (Trimming allowed ONLY for tire clearance)

35" Tall tire limit, DOT, no stickies, no aftermarket grooving or siping

All factory glass in place(if so equipped), windshield mandatory

All steel body, unless supplied otherwise from factory, with all in place (hood, tailgate, doors, floors, firewall,ect)

No beadlock wheels. If you pack a spare on the vehicle you can use it

Stock Headlights, tailights, ect in factory locations and working at tech (but they could pop em out after) :)

Winch optional, but rope required, limited to one winch front or rear

Current registration and (where applicable) safety inspection required

And, of course all the basic safety items.......

Oh hell, did I just list the original rules from back when it was fun??? :rofl:

I think this class would rule!!! :cool:

Craig S

Commando
Kris K said:
I would love to compete but I just don't have the rig for it.

But I'd like to get involved is there anything I could do to help?

Events always need Officials to Judge or do other tasks. Win Rock (the organization) will train the Judges & other Officials to do their job. There will be a class to teach the rules and what to do on the courses before the event. Let me know if your interested.

Thank You,
Craig Stumph