Official New feature, Topic of Discussion! Add your subject ideas!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We're going to have a Topic of Discussion on RME. The idea it to have technical, quality threads to discuss the diffrent aspects of our sport. Hopefully we'll each may learn something new that we can apply as we're out wheeling or working on our rigs.

The TOD threads will need to stay on track, so please only post information pertaining to the subject being discussed.

Also, I would like your suggestions on the topics we discuss. Please reply to this thread with:

Your topic:

A specific aspect you'd like to discuss:

Last edited:

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Topic: Extending emergency brake lines

Discuss: How it all ties in when you do a swap from stock to upgraded axles. How members have tied them into each other and made them work. Longest E-brake cables available, where to get them, degree of difficulty to install.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Topics:

Fiberglass (molding, tools, materials, etc..)
Sheetmetal fab (like James said)
Electronics (Gauges, light switches, wiring, amps, etc...)
Metalurgy (types of steel, tubing, structural aspects, theories...)

Just some ideas. :)

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
How to keep your rig cool in the summer.... Engine temp that is. I would like to hear about Louvres, radiators, and other cooling devices to keep you running on the trail with your hood down.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
In light of current events... I would like to hear what to do in the event of a rollover. I am not sure what you do regarding your motor etc. I am pretty sure you lose some oil but how do you keep it from hydrolocking or siezing? This is what i would like to know.

Andrew

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
Greg said:
Good ideas... any others??

- Trail repair techniques and good tools/supplies to have (basic to advanced). (e.g. how to replace a shaft on the trail, re-seat a bead, fix a damaged yoke with duct tape and bubblegum, etc.)

- Engine/transmission/t-case swaps. Which, why, how, etc.

- Rollcages. From simple bolt-on stuff to basic fabricated and complex fabricated projects. How to design and build a strong cage...

- Bolt-on products that are actually worth a shyt and/or why they aren't worth a shyt.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
H-K said:
- Trail repair techniques and good tools/supplies to have (basic to advanced). (e.g. how to replace a shaft on the trail, re-seat a bead, fix a damaged yoke with duct tape and bubblegum, etc.)......

Bring along your favorite Cherokee.....

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
mbryson said:
Bring along your favorite Cherokee.....

heh

If I wanted something reliable and tough out of the box, I'd have a Toy
:D

My Tacoma was tough as nails.....until the body-lift pucks punched through the body.... :eek: :mad: :(

andy d

come on, give me a hug.
topic: do it yourself roll cage.
discuss: welding and cutting, type of tubing, and how to make sure it doesn't go through the floor when rolled over.
thanks.

toyotajunk2

topic: Would like to hear about ways to choose the right line and other driving techniques.

Techniques in going uphill, downhill, across the slope etc.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
In light of current events... I would like to hear what to do in the event of a rollover. I am not sure what you do regarding your motor etc. I am pretty sure you lose some oil but how do you keep it from hydrolocking or siezing? This is what i would like to know.

Andrew

I'll second this, my concerns, more on winch/catch-block/other techniques to get her back on her wheels with least amount of additional damage. What equipment is needed to get her right?