New garage shop construction - light gangs or outlet gangs for lighting?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Thanks for the suggestion in the ufo style lights. Two of the six showed up today and I couldn’t wait to try them out. Plenty of light. My ceiling is 12’ so I went with 150W.

View attachment 152549
Cool thing about the UFO lights that the light salesman divulged to me - and I don't know if this is the case with all of them - but the wattage/output for all the different light models they sell is simply differences in dipswitch settings on the same light. In other words, all the lights (100w/150w/200w/etc.) are all the same light assembly, just set different from the factory. Unscrew the small metal cover on the housing, adjust the switches and bam! - you now have 200w lights! Kinda sneaky IMO, because they charge more for the higher output (settings), but whatever...

But, if in the future you wish that you had bought 200w lights, you did!

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Cool thing about the UFO lights that the light salesman divulged to me - and I don't know if this is the case with all of them - but the wattage/output for all the different light models they sell is simply differences in dipswitch settings on the same light. In other words, all the lights (100w/150w/200w/etc.) are all the same light assembly, just set different from the factory. Unscrew the small metal cover on the housing, adjust the switches and bam! - you now have 200w lights! Kinda sneaky IMO, because they charge more for the higher output (settings), but whatever...

But, in the future you wish that you had bought 200w lights, you did!
haha that wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'm going to open up one up and check to see if mine are like that :cool:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Are these lights still going strong? I ordered 6 of the 150w for my garage. I think I’ll probably just need 4 but extras are cool.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Are these lights still going strong? I ordered 6 of the 150w for my garage. I think I’ll probably just need 4 but extras are cool.
Yep, still really happy with them. The price has come down on them too, so I may just buy another two to keep as spares for the long haul.