new guy wanting to meet people and find out some info on where i can trail

army88m(josh)

hey my name is josh i am new to the utah area, just moved from upstate ny where i was in the military.
i just wanted to get to know some new people and find out where some of the easier trails are in the area i live in west valley
if you know of anything around here that would be fun on a saturday or sunday afternoon to go and explore or if you would be willing meet up and show me around a bit i would appreciate it alot and looking forward to it. i love to play off road and hang hang out but like i said im new to the area. would love to see what utah has to offer i have a 89 jeep wrangler that i just bought and lookin forward to getting some use out of it on the trails.
thanks

army88m(josh)

thanks....so where do they put the posts about these runs and how often do they do them?? im new to this whole forum thing as well lol not much of a computer guy but ill figure it out...thanks

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

army88m(josh)

thanks guys...hopefully there will be some up coming soon...if anyone wants to go for a trail ride sometime or your going someplace where a beginner can have some fun and test his jeep let me know im down to go anytime...thanks again..

army88m(josh)

i was stationed at fort drum, watertown area tons of places for outdoors fun around there now just looking to roam around the west a bit... totally different from upstate area though thats for sure....

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I'd recommend Israel canyon for a good beginner trail, I wouldn't do it in the winter or when there's lots of rain but it's scenic and something you can do in a couple hours.

(Take Redwood road south and just past the Saratoga Springs golf course turn at the Stillwater development and follow the brown signs up.)
Yesterday:
lake_mtn_10_12_12.jpg

sixstringsteve

welcome. X2 on israel canyon.

Another good tip is to click the "new posts" link at the top of the page. That way you'll be able to see what's going on from time to time. It also helps you get addicted to RME. Ask me how I know... :D

Houndoc

West desert areas of Tooele county are fun to explore- mostly just dirt roads so not a lot of wheeling.

Good one to do with someone, esp. first times since pretty remote.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Upstate NY ehhh... I'm going to say you were in the 10th MTN

Welcome to the board from a former 10th MTNer 2-14 IN Climb To Glory!

army88m(josh)

thanks man and @ trd270 2-14 huh thats nuts i was just down the street in 4-31 thanks for the welcome and glad to see im not alone on here lol we should get together sometime and do a little trailin....o and "TO THE TOP"

rondo

rondo
Check out the upcoming trails section. I've met a lot of very cool RME folks there. You could also join a 4x4 club but i can't tell you which one to join. I've been in utah 6 yrs and still not in one. The first time i moved to utah i was in the big horn club and they are really good peeps. Don't know if BigSarge is still the leader there.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Just got my computer back sorry it took so long to post.

Welcome on behalf of RMEand the U4WDA.

Be sure to read all the instructionsin "Introductions & using the Forum".

U4WDA believes the four wheelingcommunity is best served by:
1. Education thru the use of classes,pamphlets, and films to teach responsible conservation.
2. Use Auto Dealerships and suppliersfor the distribution of information.
3. Support Utah Counties in obtainingQuiet Claims to roads within their jurisdiction.
4. Stays informed and work closelywith all Government Agencies and local law enforcement.
5. Where practical uses peer pressureto keep OHV use within the law.
6. Inform local agencies and lawenforcement of illegal OHV use.

We promote the following: BRC/UFWDA:National legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
USA-All:- Local legislation, actionalerts, lobbying, etc
U4WDA: On the ground actions. Serviceprojects, education, club training, broadcasting the needs of Usa-All, UFWDA& BRC to its member clubs. Require clubs to be members of Usa-All, UFWDA& BRC, tie it into dues.
Member Clubs: Rides, education, hats,jackets, newsletters, raffles, etc. Require membership in U4WDA
Individuals: Join a club and promoteresponsible use amongst fellow travelers.
BRC:- National legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
Usa-All:- Local legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
U4WDA: On the ground actions. Service projects, education, clubtraining, broadcasting the needs of Usa-All & BRC to its member clubs.Require clubs to be members of Usa-All & BRC, tie it into dues.
Member Clubs: Rides, education, hats, jackets, newsletters, raffles,etc. Require membership in U4WDA
Individuals: Join a club and promote responsible use amongst fellowtravelers.

http://delalbright.com/index2.html

http://www.sharetrails.org/recreation-toolkit

http://www.nohvcc.org/education/education.asp
http://www.u4wda.org
http://www.usaall.org