New H3

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I had the misfortune of seeing one of these on the highway a few weeks ago.... It looks JUST LIKE a Liberty! My guess is this time it's on the new Blazer chassis. I'm also in the process of putting oil filter descriptions up on the website, and now know it has a tiny little 3.5l V6 in it... The same little V6 that is in their new Canyon! Heck, maybe that's the new chassis their using? But it is as small as their new Blazer, though... WTF!

IMO GM is making this awesome vehicle turn into a laughing joke of a....? Anyone else have this same opinion?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I thought they were running the in-line 5 cyl that GM built a little while back. I also thought I heard they had the option of a rear locker.

My opinion is that GM is appealing to the crowd that needs to say they own a Hummer, but can't afford more than an S10 Blazer.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
The only listing I see is for the 3.5l V6. Will there be two engines in it when it hits the dealerships? Who knows... But right now there is only the one.

And I agree... It's just the 'status' symbol. But in my opinion the H2/H3's are a joke. The H2's were at least still a cross between the H1 and a modern SUV. This H3 isn't even that anymore. It evolved off of the H2, completely different direction than an H1.

V-DAWG

someday
waynehartwig said:
IMO GM is making this awesome vehicle turn into a laughing joke of a....? Anyone else have this same opinion?

Agreed. I thought I heard though, they may have front and rear lockers with a 4:1 case as an option. Even still, I would never own one.

Look at how many POS H2's there are. Someone liked it???????????? :confused:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
V-DAWG said:
Agreed. I thought I heard though, they may have front and rear lockers with a 4:1 case as an option. Even still, I would never own one.

Look at how many POS H2's there are. Someone liked it???????????? :confused:

:rofl: True!!

I think most of them out there are for a tax write off, though... Something about the size or value getting a nice fat return. I don't make enough to know the tax law on that one, so excuse my ignorance! :p

hawkeye

It is in fact on the canyon chassis. We ran into the GM guys two years ago on the rubicon with the fake skins and asked them if that was the H3 and they said no it was the canyon. We late got them to admit it was H3 because Don Hall was with them on the test.

wipedawg

it uses the 3.5l engine... and comes with a 5 spd manual tranny. The 4.1 case is an option in the "Offroad package" which also includes 33" tires and rear locker comes standard.

All that still equals GAY and Incapable IMO. :) Tax writeoff is definitely the focus of all the new hummers :)

toy4fun

waynehartwig said:
I had the misfortune of seeing one of these on the highway a few weeks ago.... It looks JUST LIKE a Liberty! My guess is this time it's on the new Blazer chassis. I'm also in the process of putting oil filter descriptions up on the website, and now know it has a tiny little 3.5l V6 in it... The same little V6 that is in their new Canyon! Heck, maybe that's the new chassis their using? But it is as small as their new Blazer, though... WTF!

It looks NOTHING like the Liberty :eek: and yes it is based on the Canyon and Colorado :rolleyes: I get to check them out first hand (H3, Liberty, and the H2) and It is not that bad :hickey: If it only had a 5.3L

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
wipedawg said:
it uses the 3.5l engine... and comes with a 5 spd manual tranny. The 4.1 case is an option in the "Offroad package" which also includes 33" tires and rear locker comes standard.

All that still equals GAY and Incapable IMO. :) Tax writeoff is definitely the focus of all the new hummers :)

I'd imagine it would be fairly capable with a 4 to 1, Rear Locker & 33" tires. I ran Hells Revenge in my completley stock TRD Tacoma... having bigger tires & a better crawl ratio would have made it easier for sure.

I'd like to see a H3 on the trail. Sounds pretty capable for being a factory offered vehicle.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
link The 3.5l is the inline 5 cylinder. Other than the goofy looks, this vehicle could be a decent wheeler. 220 hp is a decent plant for that size vehicle.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
toy4fun said:
It looks NOTHING like the Liberty :eek: and yes it is based on the Canyon and Colorado :rolleyes: I get to check them out first hand (H3, Liberty, and the H2) and It is not that bad :hickey: If it only had a 5.3L

Dude..No offense... I saw it on the freeway, and it did look like a Liberty! Even if, fact remains, I would rather have a Liberty anyday over an H3! Even an H2!!! GM has screwed up the ultimate 4x4, period. :rolleyes:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
waynehartwig said:
You are kidding, of course?

As far as looking like a liberty, pass the crack pipe.

Attachments

• h3-1.jpg
    h3-1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2006_Hummer_H3.jpg
    2006_Hummer_H3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 18
  • hummdinger.jpg
    hummdinger.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 17

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
It looks more like a Liberty than a Hummer! -_- Besides, you are just looking at pictures..Wait until you actually see one.. The pictures make it look bigger than it actually is. On the freeway it wasn't much bigger than my Wrangler! Wheel base or wheel track...It's a cute little thing :rofl: Definately made for the soccer mom's and to get groceries!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes:

When heading Home from Moab a couple weeks ago I was fortunate enough to meet a "soccer mom" in an H3... It might look real small on the freeway, but it's about the same size as my Grand Cherokee. And even if everyone else thinks it's just a grocery getter, I kinda like it. Those I-5 3500 engines are sweet, especially with the available turbo. And being able to squeeze 33's on stock, throw a 6" lift and 37's....Lock it up all around(if not from factory) through your 4:1 T-case in 4-lo...Drop your 5sd into first and i bet it will impress most everyone on this board. But whatever, I think everyone has just stereotyped it as a weenie wheeler......
Look Here Click to enter site, check out features and specs....
Look Here For Specs on Wrangler....H3 Definately bigger

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I agree with ya James. I would take one over a Liberty any day. Slap a solid axle under the front and you would have a sweet wheeler.