New Mexico police screwing up yet again

D

Deleted member 12904

Hands down what the cops did was beyond wrong. On another note that lady should have had a nice meeting with mister taser. You cant just run from police.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
The way the officers handled it was way out of hand, they had her info and could have issued a warrant to later be served. Smashing windows on the van and shooting at it far outweigh the offense, officers have very strict guidelines to follow in order to use deadly force when their lives are in danger and this was definitely not one of those cases.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Of course everyone here knows the whole story...:rolleyes:

I'm not saying it was right or wrong, I'm just saying it isn't fair for us to make assumptions when we can't possibly have all the facts at this point.

D

Deleted member 12904

Of course everyone here knows the whole story...:rolleyes:

I'm not saying it was right or wrong, I'm just saying it isn't fair for us to make assumptions when we can't possibly have all the facts at this point.

True but even in imaginary land its hard to come up with a good reason to shoot three rounds at a van loaded with kids.

ZUKEYPR

The way the officers handled it was way out of hand, they had her info and could have issued a warrant to later be served. Smashing windows on the van and shooting at it far outweigh the offense, officers have very strict guidelines to follow in order to use deadly force when their lives are in danger and this was definitely not one of those cases.

And you realize that 85% of felony arrests stem from routine traffic stops. This was what appeared to be a routine stop, which the operator of the vehicle refused to comply, that wanted to evade. That cop had no idea why she was evading, she could of committed a felony, yes even with kids in the car, that wouldn't be the first time so just letting her go is not necessarily the correct answer. Could the first responding officer handled it differently by utilizing better communications skills? Maybe, but you don't know what was exchanged in those conversations.

That said though, we don't know the entire story as already stated. It's going to be REALLY REALLY TOUGH though justifying the use of a firearm in this incident. That's the only issue at face value that I could not come up with a potential justifying scenario.

Last edited:

LT.

The mother of five esclated when she ran. Officer was still alone and tried to use reasonable force. Son assulted officer and it was the officers job to continue to use reasonable force. Officers are not to esclate unless the suspect does first. It is the officers job to de-esclate any and every situation. Reasonable force is defined as minmal force to over come. Excessive force is what the officers displayed while using their pr24's and handguns. All three forgot their training once the officer used his pr24 on the van windows that action probabally spun the other officer up to use his weapon. They were feeding off each others actions and energy. No excuse but, a real issue none the less. Tunnel vision kicked in and two of the officers forgot all their training. One of the hardest things to do is to de-esclate a situation.

LT.

Last edited: