New third person go pro mount option

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
That is awesome, I may pitch in some money to help out!

While I love the idea, I don't know that I'd want to watch a video of myself riding the whole time... :p

Caleb

Cool idea, but I already am afraid of putting a go pro on top of my helmet for fear that I'd snag it on a tree and get my head ripped off, let alone something that sticks up what looks like nearly a foot above my head. I'm also with Greg, I don't think I'd want to watch myself the whole time. I guess if you had several other cameras around so you could get multiple angles, you could probably piece together a pretty cool video using some of the footage.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I love these Kickstarters. I wish I had petty cash to throw around, there's some really awesome ideas in there.

rholbrook

Cool idea, but I already am afraid of putting a go pro on top of my helmet for fear that I'd snag it on a tree and get my head ripped off, let alone something that sticks up what looks like nearly a foot above my head. I'm also with Greg, I don't think I'd want to watch myself the whole time. I guess if you had several other cameras around so you could get multiple angles, you could probably piece together a pretty cool video using some of the footage.

They don't rip your head off if it catches a tree. They break the mounting bracket. I found that out with personal experience

sixstringsteve

Interesting. Does he have any videos of the product in use? It seems like you'd see the bar in the video.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I take it back, it looks great:

[youtube]G_Ul17_urxA&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

Is he looking for feedback/ideas, or just backers? I have a few ideas of how to improve it.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
In that first link there is a video with him using the mount and riding around. If you aim the camera in the right place (down lower), you don't see the bar.

It would be ideal with more than one camera... like Caleb said, would be killer to stitch together a ride with multiple angles.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Is he looking for an investor?

he is trying to sell enough to get them into productuon, he will take donations on the kickstart site but the idea is to sell enough to take the profits and move into larger production modes. What ever he sell off kickstart he will make on a small CNC mill, if he sells enough he will start having them produced by someone else.

STAG

Is he looking for an investor?

in the first link, under Daniel Madsen's picture, it explains how it works.

He needs 4k to put this product into production, he has 26 days left to go in order to hit his goal. If he doesn't reach his goal, (even if $3,995 is pledged by others) noone who pledged money has to pay anything, because he did not technically raise enough money to make a production run.

However if all the pledgers (donators) together do pledge enough money to reach his goal of 4k then there will be a production run and depending on how much money you pledged determines what you get in return. In the BoomPro's case;

$5-$38 = you don't get anything in return, just satisfaction of knowing you helped the product reach production
$39-$58 = Daniel will send you the custom made parts, including the extension rod and support fitting.
The first 50 people to pledge $59-$68 will be guaranteed a BoomPro Extension Rod and support fitting by December this year. (in time for Christmas)
$69-$88 = you will get the complete package of extension rod, support fittings, go-pro fittings and helmet attatchment parts
$89+ = the whole package described in the line above, delivered by December this year

So basically its saying "Yeah I would buy that if it were in production"...

rholbrook

he is trying to sell enough to get them into productuon, he will take donations on the kickstart site but the idea is to sell enough to take the profits and move into larger production modes. What ever he sell off kickstart he will make on a small CNC mill, if he sells enough he will start having them produced by someone else.

PM Sent

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I liked it more before I looked at his other videos... The ones of him breaking laws and driving like an @$$