New Toy

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Paid my dad for this months ago when I was in Oregon. He bought it from the neighbor for me but I didn't have the space to bring it back with me.

Paid all of $200 with full tanks, 40' of hose(guessing), cutting torch, heating torch and a propane torch as well as a couple strikers and goggles. The red tank leaks when you turn it on so I need to get it swapped out and I need to get some chains to chain them to the wall. Luckily I won't need a cart since I have so much hose I can reach out to the driveway from inside the garage.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Please read up on draw rates for acetylene and be careful.
Acetylene is self explosive above about 15 psi so they dissolve it in acetone in the cylinder. If you exceed the draw rate for the cylinder (around 1/10-1/7 of the cylinder cu ft. capacity) then you risk drawing acetone into the hoses and bad things happen.
Know the draw rates for your torches.
Acetylene is one of the gasses (CO2 and propane are the others that I know of) that must be used upright (if stored otherwise, right it and let it settle a while).
Rosebuds are the easiest way to exceed the draw rate.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Please read up on draw rates for acetylene and be careful.
Acetylene is self explosive above about 15 psi so they dissolve it in acetone in the cylinder. If you exceed the draw rate for the cylinder (around 1/10-1/7 of the cylinder cu ft. capacity) then you risk drawing acetone into the hoses and bad things happen.
Know the draw rates for your torches.
Acetylene is one of the gasses (CO2 and propane are the others that I know of) that must be used upright (if stored otherwise, right it and let it settle a while).
Rosebuds are the easiest way to exceed the draw rate.

Believe me I plan on it. I haven't used a torch since high school so I've got some research to do. The only reason they were hooked up really was to check pressures and see if there were any leaks(which we knew there might be and there was). My main reason for not having it all here already was because of the acetylene and not wanting it all inside a passenger vehicle for a trip back from Oregon with my family in the car. My dad took care of it with his truck so it was safe thankfully.