New trail bike

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I have been riding the trails around Utah for many years, and have had several different bikes along the way. Most of them have been CR250s but the last one has been a TW200. I have enjoyed the tw very much but I have decided to move on to what I think will be even better...

In February I bought a KLX250sf Supermoto and I have enjoyed getting in trouble on it, but I find that I want more power for off road then my tw and I don't ride the KLX as much as I would want so last week I ordered a set of 17" off road tires and a skid plate for my KLX. The rear is a 130/90/17 and the front is a 100/100/17. It think it will be a good mix for most trails, narrower tires that the tw but wider than most dirt bikes. Also a low seat height that makes riding the technical stuff easier.

I will in turn sell the TW and purchase suspension parts of the new buggy I am building:D

Here is a pic of the new bike wearing factory skins

_DSC0013.jpg

And the TW it is replacing

IMG_1115.jpg

Here is a Suzuki Supermoto with knobby tires
01DRZ400SMwMaxxis6006.jpg

Last edited:

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Sitting at Rocky Mountain ATV right now waiting for tire to get mounted!!
Hopping for the best:ugh: I know I am being judged right now by several people here when I brought in motard wheels and dirt bike tires..

Caleb

Sitting at Rocky Mountain ATV right now waiting for tire to get mounted!!
Hopping for the best:ugh: I know I am being judged right now by several people here when I brought in motard wheels and dirt bike tires..
:rofl: Honestly, some of the most fun I had on my CRF was on my SM wheels/tires :D

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Put 30 miles on the bike today, no single track but I got to test some things. Feels good, lugs well and has lots of get up. I changed the rear sprocket from a 39 tooth to a 47 tooth so that made a big difference. Still have the power to take it to about 80 if I need but cruises around 60 fine.