New Trail in Moab

Duh Red Truck

Moab Biatch
Has anyone done the new trail in Moab yet? I think its called Sevenmile Rim? I want to know what it is like before I do it? Anything that interesting on the trail?

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Are you sure its called Sevenmnile Rim?? That trail has been around for quite awhile. I did it with the Safari two years ago and it is rated a 3.5. There is a fun downhill about half way through the trail and also a sand hill close to the end. The sandhill gave a lot of stock vehicles in our group trouble. The trail does go right by Wipe Out Hill, which can be interesting. Here is a link to a small description of the trail:

http://www.4x4now.com/mtsmr.htm

Duh Red Truck

Moab Biatch
ACTUALLY I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS CALLED. SORRY, IT WOULD PROBABLY HELP IF I KNEW THE EXACT NAME HUH! :confused: HAIR COLOR IS A FACTOR HERE. :D IF ANYONE KNOWS THE NAME OF THIS TRAIL IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!:)

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
The newest trail I know about is Proving Grounds, although I have heard rumors about others, but never seen them or any pics from them.

Too Far

parts is parts
Are you talking about the hangman/pickle?
These are not really new trails, but there was an article about them recently in one of the mags. They are in the Bartlet wash area north of town. I ride my MTB in the area a lot and the terrain is very cool. There are some scary spots on these trails if you are in a vehicle. Body damage is the norm and there are some big drops that you must drive along while you are leaning at about degrees. I think I would need to use a can opener on my troop to make it fit in places.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
they had pics of the latest trail called the pickle in the last petersons. it was wayyyyyyy extreme and not to be attempted by any other than the world class 4x4 drivers and vehicles. anything this side of advanced suspension and traction devices will not cut it. and the location is a relative secret. they dont want unprepared people to go out there thinking they are the stuff and get stuck. they did a write up in the rag and showed some freaky obstacles wrapping out scorpion suspension if you can believe that. it looks fun but i dont have the cahoneys to make that grade(or the cash)!!!:D :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yeah, the Pickle has been around for about 4 Years or so, but like has been said, there are very few that are equipped to run it, (Like me:( ).

Duh Red Truck

Moab Biatch
WIMPS:eek: J/K HUMMM I PROBABLY KNOW SOME PEOPLE THAT WOULD TRY IT, JUST FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES. MY FRIEND LEE IS ONE OF THE MOST CRAZIEST PEOPLE OUT THERE. HE WILL DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY IF YOU TELL HIM HE CANT!!!!:rolleyes: BUT ANYWAYS I DO THINK THAT IT WAS THE ONE THAT WAS IN THE PETERSON MAG. BUT ANYWAYS I THOUGHT IT LOOK NARLEY, AND PRETTY ENTERTAINING!!!!!!:D

Parker

Originally posted by Duh Red Truck
MY FRIEND LEE IS ONE OF THE MOST CRAZIEST PEOPLE OUT THERE. HE WILL DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY IF YOU TELL HIM HE CANT!!!!:rolleyes:

The notorious Lee Mattingly??? Nah... he's all talk, get that boy some training wheels. :D

Too Far

parts is parts
I know where the trail starts so if any one wants to trash their rig... I'll ride my bike. There is enough rubber on the rocks now that it should be fairly easy to follow. I can remember seeing rubber in places that defy reason, though!

Duh Red Truck

Moab Biatch
Yeah Lee is the person!!!! I heard that he didn't do to well in Farmington. I think that he broke pretty bad, well at least bad enough that he may not go to MOAB for EJS. I am sad!!:(