New tv ad.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
Just saw an add about taking over our land from the federal government. They were saying that we will not be able to afford or manage our land properly. Then we will have to lease out our land to pay for it. This meaning that "we will not be able to get out and enjoy our own land" I was confused by this statement until I saw who,ran the ad. It was Suwa.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
That's one of the biggest arguments against the State taking over Federal land, that it will be sold and/or overutilized in order to pay for it. The argument is not without it's merits.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
The state can't afford to keep State Parks open, so really how would they afford to properly manage all the BLM, FS, and NPS lands it would take over? Probably by selling off as much as they can to oil and gas development. And thats as big of a loss to recreationalists as having it designated wilderness.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The state can't afford to keep State Parks open

They can't? Not arguing, this is just new to me. I thought it was the Fed that couldn't afford to keep the National parks open. But they sure seem to have enough money for more war.

Personally, either way we will lose more and more access. I think it would be better under local/state control. Until U.N. steps in with Agenda 21 which IMO is a guise to just control and centralize ownership of everything. :spork:

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
We are effed either way, but the State has said right in the bill that they would sell some of the land (how much? from where?). That doesn't sit well with me. At least with the Feds I know how I'm getting screwed.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
They can't? Not arguing, this is just new to me.

Maybe things have changed, recently I haven't read much. But I know back in 2012 they halved the State Parks budget and they had to temporarily close a few, cut staff, and limit services. Maybe things have improved and I just haven't heard?