Nine Inch Nails: The Slip

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
So this is a free d/l from nin.com. thought I'd check it out.

It's.... ok.... These days I kind of have to be in the right mood to listen to this, which really doesn't happen that often... That said, it really isn't awful I suppose. Reminds me of older stuff. Lots of percussive drums, sludgy guitar. Reminds me a little of Pigface as far as the loose noisy feel goes. I have not listened to NIN since whatever album came out in '99ish, and I didn't listen to that much... the one with Starf***ers, Inc. on it.

EDIT: Philosophically I kind of have an issue with Trent Reznor still making this kind of music. He's like what, mid-40's now? Still all sad and angry. :rolleyes:

anyway. I went to see NIN on their first tour in whatever it was, like 1988 or something... very surprised to see them at the first Lollapalooza, because there were literally about 15 people at that first show I went to LOL this sort of reminds me simultaneously why I liked them AND why I stopped listening. So I'm kind of ambivalent about this album.

the MP3 is an 87mb d/l, so nothing to lose w/the freebie. I am kind of liking this, I think it might have a place in my collection, but I'm not going to be listening to this all that much, to be honest.

Last edited:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
I am used to waiting five years between NIN albums.....I don't know what to make of this latest production. So far, only track 10 is to my liking. TS like YZ, has noise and distortion for the sake of noise and distortion and not much else.

I believe the fragile was the album you were referring to. Arguably, the most artistic of halos.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I am not dogging your review but, just checking if I have this right:

15 people = Likey

Millions = No likley

Do I have this right?

eh, sort of. Their popularity is not the reason I don't like them, the music is. :D It's just kind of grating on my not-15-anymore nerves. :D