Not so friendly......

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Or maybe he could have gotten up and left when they asked him...

X2.

Granted I have better things to do then chase this, so I don't know all the details. But I am pretty sure they gave him the option to get up and walk out or they would "remove" him. He chose to be removed...

Yea, It is crappy that they made the mistake of letting him board, but guaranteed he was asked over and over by many people to leave before the video events. You can complain about terrible way it was handled, but in the end this guy felt he was more important than the ~250 people people on the next plane who needed a pilot that took his seat.

rholbrook

They AA, should have started raising the flight voucher amount. A friend of mine held out on a Delta flight and when it hit $1K per, he bailed along with is wife I am sure that this will cost them much much more than had they just upped the offer

RogueJeepr

Here!
He had patient's to get to. Seems someone going on vacation could have left instead.

Yeah their stocks plunged.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

ID Bronco

He could have got off, they could have much more easily offered more and someone would have taken it. People were yelling up the offer and I'll go. I think making a paying customer get off so an employee can get on is garbage. I would never mess with one of my customers to make it more expedient for an employee. Yes, I love and take care of my employees, but paying customers are #1

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
To hell with them, why should he get off. He paid for his seat, paid for all their ridiculous fees. If United wanted their employees to get somewhere else and you didn't have a seat for them they should have went to another airline and bought them a ticket. Or up the ante, someone would have eventually taken the bait.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
My big question about the whole thing is why wasn't this resolved at the gate before they were allowed on the plane? I've never been on a plane where they came through after everyone was seated and said they need people to get off. Honestly if it were me I'm not interested in travel vouchers, if you're talking real $ then sure I'd give up my seat for $800 and get a rental car and drive the 4 hours. With the stock price hit yesterday they could have offered $10k to 4 people and been money ahead.

idahoyj

I haven't followed all of the details on this story, but didn't this guy become a hazard to the safety of other passengers by running back onto the plane after being removed once?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I haven't followed all of the details on this story, but didn't this guy become a hazard to the safety of other passengers by running back onto the plane after being removed once?
I guess the guy that dragged him out and broke his nose, gave him a concussion, and knocked out 2 teeth could have accidentally done something to the other passengers.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-live-stream-david-dao-presser-20170413-story.html

link to video prior to the police grabbing him

http://people.com/human-interest/fo...nger-police-arguing-before-dragged-off-plane/

Last edited:

idahoyj

By not complying with the airline (who's terms he agreed to by purchasing a ticket) and not complying with police, this guy just became a millionaire.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
This wouldn't be a story if United had told him at the gate he got bumped. Waiting until they have a plane full of people ready to go down the runway is totally different than a gate denial, this is a screw up on United's side. At some point United should have asked themselves if there is another solution to getting 4 crew 4 hours away. A we've screwed up and will cut you a check for $1000, stick you in a hotel and fly you in the morning would have probably got 4 volunteers.