NP208 rebuild

RockChucker

I did a quick search, sounds like those were only available in 1989? You should be able to find one on car-part.com. I just looked and there is one in Montana for $248. Shipping would probably be over $100, but still way cheaper than an atlas or the like.
Here's a screenshot of a few options listed:
1678294059146.png
Hopefully this helps?

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
So far all leads have dried up. The t-case in MT was the right one, but someone dropped it destroying the case. The OR listing ended up being a 208 according the the guy who answered the phone (should be a 241, but maybe it was changed).

A local guy has a mountain of chevy drivetrain, but only has 208's and likely a 205. I will keep digging for a 241 before giving up and going another route.

I might try calling the further away listings now.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I'm surprised that you're having those kinds of issues with the NP208. I ran several of them back in the day without any issues at all and only routine maintenance. I even put one behind my BB 402/TH400 shortbed that I truck pulled with and never had any issues, transfer case held up great and was a solid unit. I feel the NP241 is a slightly better TC but only slightly. I am currently running a NP241 behind my L94 in my Jeep.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I guess the other issue is a lack of a SYE. My case has a hack-and-tap on it, but the main shaft has some damage to it which plays out with difficult/grinding shifting. Axis tried to drill and tap another shaft but couldn't get it done. He had a machine shop quote $1000 to do the work. That's obviously too much for this case. The rest of this case is rebuilt with new bearings, seals and shift fork bushings. I'm not ready to drop an Atlas in it, so I might have to ride it out for another couple of years until we do something with the drivetrain (e.g. something new like a diesel)