OBD scanner app question

J-mobzz

I have a 2017 Chevy Tahoe that I recently had to replace the brake light switch. And it needs to be calibrated as the brake lights stay on all the time and then when I press the pedal slightly, they go off. But when I press more they come back on.

Does anyone know if there’s any of the apps that work with OBD2 scanner that can be used for calibrating sensors? Or is this something I’m going to have to take it to the dealership for?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I have a 2017 Chevy Tahoe that I recently had to replace the brake light switch. And it needs to be calibrated as the brake lights stay on all the time and then when I press the pedal slightly, they go off. But when I press more they come back on.

Does anyone know if there’s any of the apps that work with OBD2 scanner that can be used for calibrating sensors? Or is this something I’m going to have to take it to the dealership for?
I haven't ever calibrated a sensor like that but I'll bet hp tuner will. You're welcome to use my hp tuners setup.

J-mobzz

Thanks I’ll shoot you a text in a few days when I’m back in town and see if we can figure out a time I can come down. From the research it looks like it takes all of 2 minutes to do.

J-mobzz

Well, just update this in case anyone’s curious in the future. We plugged in @glockman HP tuner software and that thing is freaking amazing and there’s no doubt in my mind. It’s capable of doing what I needed it to do, but we either didn’t know how to do it or needed to buy the license to unlock my VIN for the software.

So I just decided to spring for a scanner on Amazon last night. The way I looked at it is it probably would’ve cost me 150 bucks to have a shop do it if I subtract that price from the scanner, my diy math tell me it was only $330 to buy the tool. The scanner is pretty impressive and looks like it’ll do anything. I need it to for future repair on all my vehicles.

Connected to the body control module and recalibrated the brake position sensor without any issues. Less than 5 minutes and had the brake lights working properly this morning.

IMG_8980.jpeg