Off road games

4x4_Welder

I haven't been able to get out in a while, and it'll be a bit before my Courier is trail ready, so in the meantime I've been looking at off road simulator games. Years back I had the Cabela's Off Road Adventure series. The first two were a bit lame, the third was quite promising but kept glitching and locking up on a particular point.
I was wandering around seeing what's available, and this one coming out at the end of the month looks interesting:
Does anyone have a PC based simulator that they like to use?

4x4_Welder

So I haven't gotten this game yet. My computer's specs are a bit on the low side for it, it was moderately ok when I got it four years ago but now is on the low end. The game has been released at $15 though, so it's still on the list.
I did stumble across a game I used to play quite some time ago while unpacking some boxes (the joy of moving a lot in the last ten years). Cabela's Off Road Adventure 3. I actually have the whole series but 3 is quite a bit more advanced than the others, at least it was in 2003. It's doing more to remind me of what I can't do right now, but is still a fun distraction.
I was quite surprised that it loaded right up on a Win 10 machine, and is playable without being glitchy. From what I remember of playing it before, it's actually better on this setup. Now I just need to find a USB joystick.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Try looking at SpinTires and another called MudRunners. They are really the same game. SpinTires was developed by a guy who got screwed by the main company after making SpinTires. So he rewrote it and produced MudRunners. There is a pretty good mod community for the games giving it more maps and vehicles as well.