Omnibus Land bill

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
The frustrating thing is that our senators and congressmen do not support these bills. But there is a big contingency from the East Coast who do.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
The frustrating thing is that our senators and congressmen do not support these bills. But there is a big contingency from the East Coast who do.

I stand corrected on my previoius statement. Here is a list of the voting on this bill and Hatch and Bennett both voted for it. Kind of disturbing, and I hope the only reason they supported it was since it did not include any Utah land.

Still, very disturbing. I think everyone should contact their offices and let them know that we as their constituents do not support them in this vote.

66 FOR, 12 against and 20 didn't bother to vote = "non-partisan"
Hatch & Bennett are 2 of 12 Republicans who joined with 54 Democrats and voted for this.
Not a single Democrat voted against this Bully Bill. ZERO...notta....none.

Grouped By Vote Position YEAs ---66
Akaka (D-HI)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Begich (D-AK)
Bennett (R-UT)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Byrd (D-WV)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Crapo (R-ID)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Durbin (D-IL)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Hagan (D-NC)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Inouye (D-HI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Risch (R-ID)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Snowe (R-ME)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Tester (D-MT)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Webb (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wicker (R-MS)
Wyden (D-OR)

NAYs ---12
Brownback (R-KS)
Coburn (R-OK)
Corker (R-TN)
DeMint (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
McCain (R-AZ)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)

Not Voting - 20
Alexander (R-TN)
Biden (D-DE)
Bond (R-MO)
Brown (D-OH)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Ensign (R-NV)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Martinez (R-FL)
McConnell (R-KY)
Roberts (R-KS)
Specter (R-PA)
Vitter (R-LA)
Voinovich (R-OH)

Even McCain voted against it.

SportSawyer

I stand corrected on my previoius statement. Here is a list of the voting on this bill and Hatch and Bennett both voted for it. Kind of disturbing, and I hope the only reason they supported it was since it did not include any Utah land.

Actually, S22 does include Utah lands. See Subtitle O of the bill -- "Washington County, Utah". The earlier versions of the Matheson/Bennett bill for Washington County had less Wilderness, and most of it was in Zion NP. This version has been SUWA-ized, and has a lot of additional BLM Wilderness, and lots of other choice language that'll support future attacks by SUWA and their ilk. One of the included BLM Wilderness Areas that might interest 4WD advocates is the Canaan Mountain Wilderness.

The bill hasn't passed the Senate yet, it's passed cloture. But given that, there's little chance it can be blocked in the Senate. I'm guessing it'll easily pass the House.

SportSawyer

Where's the actual bill? ...

For this, and any other Federal legislation, go to the Thomas Legislative website at:

http://thomas.loc.gov/

For this bill, S22, it's easiest to do a "Search Bill Summary & Status" search. Enter "S22" (without quotes) in the search field, click the "Bill Number" radio button, and hit "Search".

You should get the main bill page, click "Text of Legislation" if that's what you want.

ZUKEYPR

For this, and any other Federal legislation, go to the Thomas Legislative website at:

http://thomas.loc.gov/

For this bill, S22, it's easiest to do a "Search Bill Summary & Status" search. Enter "S22" (without quotes) in the search field, click the "Bill Number" radio button, and hit "Search".

You should get the main bill page, click "Text of Legislation" if that's what you want.

Thanks, that is exactly what I did though and it came up "not available at this time"

ZUKEYPR

Actually, S22 does include Utah lands. See Subtitle O of the bill -- "Washington County, Utah". The earlier versions of the Matheson/Bennett bill for Washington County had less Wilderness, and most of it was in Zion NP. This version has been SUWA-ized, and has a lot of additional BLM Wilderness, and lots of other choice language that'll support future attacks by SUWA and their ilk. One of the included BLM Wilderness Areas that might interest 4WD advocates is the Canaan Mountain Wilderness.

The bill hasn't passed the Senate yet, it's passed cloture. But given that, there's little chance it can be blocked in the Senate. I'm guessing it'll easily pass the House.

Holy Toleda!! You're not kidding, Washington county is going to get raped on this bill. Knowing that area of trails quite well, off the top of my head they'll lose at least 50% of the trails, probably closer to 75%.

Americans for Responsible Recreational Access sent out a detailed action alert about this almost two weeks ago. If you haven't signed up for ARRA's free emails, do it today!

http://www.arra-access.com

And right on, the Washington County bill (which hasn't made it through in the last two sessions) is part of this bill which is why Bennett/Hatch support it. The Washington County bill is a push, but let them pass it on its own and outside of a giant bill that most reps will never read before voting on it.

Samuraiman

Sand Pile

This bill does include the Washington County Land Use Bill. Quite disturbing as it does include the Caanan Mtn Road in Wilderness. Don't know that it meets the criteria. Anyway the bill is on the County Website. Do a search for Washington County Utah. Then it's on the main page.