Osprey Packs

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
A little backstory first. Over the last few years I have been trying to live more by Kurts "buy once cry once" philosophy. There are many reasons but having fewer things that mean more or add more value to your life is the main one. I keep things forever (I still have the backpacking stove I bought at 14) and it just makes sense. So a few years ago I was looking for a hydration pack and decided to drop the coin for an Osprey because of their reputation for quality and their killer warranty.

I bought a Manta 25 that has been awesome. It has tons of features and has been on dozens of MTB rides, several long dual sport rides and every desert race I have raced. This thing is sweet. Last ride in Cherry Creek I was ripping (2/3 Tyson speed) through the trees and caught a branch in the shoulder which slipped over my chest protecter and caught my pack, tearing the outer pocket wide open. I was super bummed. Then I remembered that Osprey states they will repair DAMAGE, AND defects so I shot them an email with a picture. Not only did they offer to repair the tear, which is fantastic, the email with RMA# contained the following paragraph. I got a good chuckle out of it. Can't recommend them enough. Great product and a company that stands behind it.

[FONT=&quot]Our warranty policy covers the cost of the repair and return shipping (you, the customer are responsible for the cost of shipping the pack back to Osprey Packs). Our standard turnaround time is [/FONT]2-3 weeks for your pack to be repaired and shipped back to you. Please be ready to provide the RMA number if you call or email with regards to the repair. Be sure to remove all personal items and gear from the backpack. We try our best to return forgotten personal items, but any cash we find is used to purchase beer and you will not be getting that back.

DAA

Supporting Member
My daypack is an Osprey too. A few years ago, I had a little accident (fell, slid, tumbled down a long sandstone slope...) that put a hole in my pack. Got back a brand new one though. Not sure why they didn't just repair it - it was repairable, I thought. But, awesome service!

- DAA

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Awesome! Similar to my experience with Granite Gear. They fixed a packed I have used daily for over 10 years with no questions asked. Not only did they repair the broken zipper, but replaced all the zippers.

Paying more for gear that lasts and has a "stand behind it" policy is ALWAYS worth it.

Caleb

Nice, I didn't know this about them. My pack I bought last year is an Osprey and somewhere along the first hike with it, it got a tear in one of the front pockets on the belt making that pocket worthless. I'll have to send them a note and see if they'll repair it.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Really liked our osprey packs on our Napoli coast hike this year. We have the atmos packs

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
They have do many cool features that other packs lack. The warranty is just icing on the cake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MOODY

Bald Guy
Just sent in a Mountain Hardwear tent I have had for 10+ years. I thought they would just send me a new rain fly (it had come apart at one of the seams) but they just credited me full price ($380). I had already bought a new tent in Moab (I was camping for 3 nights and I was already somewhat wet from the first night) so I bought a new sleeping bag for my son. It is worth it to get quality products.