Outboard mechanic?

R

rockdog

I have a 7.5 horse four stroke Honda outboard on my boat for trolling. It has been a great little motor. Last summer I started having trouble with it idling along while trolling. It would run then quit. I've torn the carb apart multiple times and cleaned it. It pumps fuel. I need a real good boat mechanic who knows his stuff to work on it. It used to start on the first pull. I want that again. Do any of you guys know someone I could trust my baby with? I live in utah county, but don't have a problem heading north if the person is top notch.

rholbrook

Did you look at the needle and seat that fills your bowl? Look to see if it has a ring etched in it. I'm no boat motor mechanic or any other mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but it sounds like carb issues to me.

R

rockdog

I've had the carb apart several times. No ring around the needle. Float and needle open good and don't hang up. I just need somebody that works on these things a lot to fix it for me. It has been a killer little motor with probably only 100 hours on it since new in the late 70's.