painting bare custom rims?!?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
what is everyone's recomendation on painting custom bare naked rims?? i just ordered a set and i want to paint them black but i dont want the expense of powerder coating if i am gonna bash them on the rocks anyways!? what is yalls ideas??

moabjeeper

Man Down!!!!
I also have a question about painting rims. What would you guys use to paint rims. What works good and isnt alot of money. They are already black but they are chiped everywhere and so yellow is starting to show. What are some suggestion you guys have.

FieroJones

It's not a Sports Car?
If your going to bash them, i'd recommend NOTHING but Powder Coating. This sh*t is strong!! I had a friend do some on my Fiero, less then $10 a rim. Theres a place in the Centervill/bountiful area that will do them for $15 a rim, if you get them all nice and clean first.

But if thats not your cup o tea (IE Spencer, who thinks that $10 for a $50 part is $9.50 too much :D ) You can goto ACE and get this paint thats called "Rust inhibitor" or something like that. Its super thick, strong, and doesnt need a billion coats to make everything look good. Its an ACE brand, I can get the exact name if anyones interested.

Then again, I hear all a dollar sells paint too. Oh wait, i got 30 cans of black, 10 of white, and a bunch red from them :) Anyone wanna buy paint for 50C a can? :D :) :D

-Karl

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
hey karl give me a call. i always need some more paint. i buy the stuff from wal-mart at 87cents a can so 50c is a good deal!!! load up and let us know what street corner to meet you on to get our HUFF AWWWNNNNN!!!!

FieroJones

It's not a Sports Car?
I'm in the same boat as Spencer! I am moving, and its all in one box.. I'm halfway there now, will keep diggin tomorrow and have a count for anyone wanting to get some.

-Karl

Oh Spencer, we dont need a corner, i got a lil tin shed that fills up quick! Right next to the "Greenhouse" too :D :D :D

FieroJones

It's not a Sports Car?
Movin on UP!! To that HIgh Rise Apartment in the sky!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Man i need to go home....

Movin out to West Point. Gots myself a Gaaaarage!!! With Hookups for water/220V/gas in the garage!! I can take the powder coater out of storage and start doin that again!!

Hey, OT I know... but... actually, go check out my OT link !

:D :D

-Karl