General Tech Picked a new (to me) welder today

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Sold my Hobart 180 welder last week and finally got around to picking up an upgraded welder. My friend down the street was selling his MM200 and gave me a great price on it. It is in good shape and was recently checked up and serviced by airgas. It came with the "pulse panel" option that i'll probably never use, tweko gun, and included several other upgrades. The feeling on the web seems to be really positive about this unit. Cant wait to try it out!

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/communities/mboard/showthread.php?t=18228

002-10.jpg

001-14.jpg

old school metal fan:cool:
003-14.jpg

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
My brother-in-law has one of those. He bought it new in 84' or 85'. Still going great. We've made a few race frames and sand cars with that one.
Dwayne

4x4_Welder

Those older units are nice- But I think that tank will only last about an hour.
The pulse feature is handy for thinner material, as you can run hot enough to get a good bead and penetration without burning through.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
The pulse panel is pretty cool...if i worked with sheetmetal. im not excited about welding anything thinner than 1/8" right now.

Going to switch out the tank once I get settled in. I was using it on my old 180 which I ran mainly fluxcore through. The tank lasted over a year because of that.

Last edited by a moderator: