pics of a Scout rebuild before TTC

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I know I know........everyone hates the guys that show up for Top Truck with a completly different rig than what they entered, myself included BUT....

This is a project that was started before I made the top 50. (I really didnt expect to make it my first try) It is also a project that desperatly needed done. Everything was rusted out underneath. All the body mounts had collapsed and my roll cage was not of good design.

Having said that heres some pics of what we are doing to it right now. There is A LOT to do still but it should get done.

I am going to rehang my rear quarters so hopefully it wont look super different in the end.

Attachments

• cc1.jpg
    cc1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 56
  • cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 45
  • cc3.jpg
    cc3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 46
  • cc4.jpg
    cc4.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 45
  • cc6.jpg
    cc6.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 46
  • cc7.jpg
    cc7.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 62

Bart

Wow, major surgery. I think it's wise improving everything you can before you go into something like the TTC. Good luck.

ChestonScout

We gave it about a 2 inch body lift. Its getting a slight boat side with sliders all the way between the wheels. Black Box is installed. All new floors. New roll cage. I got a propane kit from GotPropane.com. Installing chromo shafts, Summit machine drive flanges, new REEL drivelines. This is my favorite part 44" PITBULL ROCKERS!!!! They are only out in a 16.5 wheel so I am getting H 1 wheels with new centers. (anyone want my 42 tsls?)

Im sure there is a lot more crap but thats all I can think about at the moment and yes.......I know I am stupid for doing this so close to TTC

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I really hope you get the chance to compete, but even if you don't, you just found an awesome excuse to finish up everything you've been wanting to do for the past five years. And you have a good excuse for your wife of why you need to spend so much money!

"But honey, I'm going to be in the national spotlight. I HAVE to have that $200 billet aluminum skull shifter knob for my t-case! Its eyes even light up. How cool is that?!"

ChestonScout

We got a lot done on the floor and the front cage last weekend but I didnt get any pics. I love the way it is turning out.

I will get some more posted this weekend. Parts are finally starting to show up so things will move faster now.

The chromoly shafts were installed as well as a good start on the propane kit. I found out I dont have room for the big electric fan I was going to run.

I have a surprise for the back end that I can bet has never been done to a Scout II before. Scout guys will most likely disown me but oh well......I love it!!! Im going to run a 62 Scout 80 tailgate and dovetail the sides in to match it and of course....round LEDs.

Pics will be coming soon!

ChestonScout

I found out today the Big Red Ford truck has dropped out of the comp so that moves me one step closer to competing!!!!

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
I found out today the Big Red Ford truck has dropped out of the comp so that moves me one step closer to competing!!!!

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!

YEAH BUDDY!!!!!:rofl: Now hopefully that van will drop out and you will get to go kick some butt!!!! How's the truck coming along???:confused: We need some updates and some pics!!!!!!!
Matt