Pinterest!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I know I know, shut up. There's actually some pretty cool categories to find in there. I made an account. Anybody else?

Kevin B.

Naw, I'm good. I don't wear pink and I draw the line at pedicures. :D

Seriously, if you guys haven't gone into Pinterest and looked around you should check it out. It's not all knitting.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
My wife told me that there are a lot of garages/shop pictures on there as well as welding and machining pictures, but I just can't bring myself to investigate on my own.

Mike.

Kevin B.

Lots of that. Also rock crawlers and overland trailers and woodworking and all sorts of stuff. I avoid Facebook and Instagram and miss a lot of cool stuff. I think Pinterest might be a good alternative. Or maybe I'll get bored in a week and wander away, I dunno. Just wanted to see if anybody on here was man enough to admit to an account over there. :D

sixstringsteve

yeah, pinterest has some sweet stuff. I haven't made an account yet, but I've been tempted to. There was a sweet "offroad trailer" board I was checking out yesterday.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I created an account a while back and have been pretty underwhelmed. Instagram is mucho better.

Kevin B.

Yeah but Instagram got bought by Facebook, a company whose stated goal is mining your personal life for data and selling it to companies who want to use it against you. I'm on Facebook a bare minimum, and never Instagram.

sixstringsteve

i don't like how pinterest forces you to sign up for an account to view more than a few pics on others' boards. I just want to view others' boards without getting an account.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Personally, neither my wife nor I have a Facebook account. I figure I am on a few forums that I am pretty active on and trying to be more active on this one so that should be enough for me. I hear about waaaaayyyy too much drama on Facebook for my liking and I like to keep my life drama free.

Mike.

Kevin B.

i don't like how pinterest forces you to sign up for an account to view more than a few pics on others' boards. I just want to view others' boards without getting an account.

I didn't notice that. I didn't spend forever browsing before I signed up either though.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Yeah but Instagram got bought by Facebook, a company whose stated goal is mining your personal life for data and selling it to companies who want to use it against you. I'm on Facebook a bare minimum, and never Instagram.

I made my iphone it's own little tin foil hat to match mine so I'm good. We're talking high-quality stuff too, not Great Value.