Poll: where are you on the land use continuum?

Which statement best describes your involvement with land use?

• G1

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • G2

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • G3

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • G4

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • G5

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • G6

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • G7

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • G8

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • G9

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

sixstringsteve

I'm trying to get an idea of where people stand on the land use continuum. We will continue to promote land use at future noob runs, but we want to cater to more than just the noobs.

THIS POLL IS ANONYMOUS. You may only select one option, so vote for the highest level that describes you. (We assume a G5 includes G2-5).

Feel free to answer the poll without ridicule. I just want to see our demographics and where the majority of people on RME stand.

Which level/group best describes you?

G1 - people who 4x4 but don't know a thing about land use

G2 - people who understand the legality of a trail and decide to stay on the trail and don't litter.

G3 - those who pick up trash as they go, and correct others who are driving off-trail or littering

G4 - those who donate money to club or land-use orgs (including membership in said groups)

G5 - those who attend events put on by land-use orgs (NPLD, service projects, RME BBQ, mapping projects, etc)

G6 - Those who write letters to respective land-use policy makers

G7 - those who organize events like service projects, NPLD, trail cleanups, RME bbq, mapping projects, etc.

G8 - those who get involved legally (attending hearings, working with land-owners, work with the BLM on RMPs, etc)

G9 - those who are involved in the leadership of clubs/orgs

Other (explain).

Last edited:

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
As the poll does not allow me to select the options that fit I am a G2, G3, G6, G8.. I used to be a G9, G4, G5, G7

sixstringsteve

Or maybe all G4s become G5s, and G8s become G9s...

I'm happy to see so many people that pick up trash on the trail, even if it isn't theirs.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I'm G3 almost G4 but I think I need to go farther than just donating to RME to be considered G4 though it is a start.

Sent from my BAD ASS phone via Tapatalk

zukijames

i say we move this to the general 4x4 section no one looks here.. a few weeks ago i know i didnt. but then when i saw a landuse thing posted in general i saw it and it got me concerned and interested

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
You forgot those that have been involved in every level of land use for many years and on many fronts and got tired of others not caring or doing a damn thing so they decided to get back to basics and enjoy our public lands while they still can.

zukijames

180 views 29 votes

Members: 12,380

i can see why alot of you have given up but thanks for what you have done and hopefully we can all figure away out to keep some of these trails open

maybe a pick a few trails of every difficulty do something to guarantee they stay open and give the granolas the rest.. if no one is willing to try to fight for all the trails we have a smaller amount of trails might be better..

that really sucks to say

sixstringsteve

Does RME count visitor views? If not, I'd guess we have 151 G1's, and 29 G2-G9s. It would be fascinating to see where every RME member stood, but that's not going to be possible. I'm surprised we even got 29 to answer this :D

It's a good pulse though. I always assumed there were more people donating money and writing letters (hanging tree, coyote canyon, hammers, etc). Now we know where we can focus our energies. If everyone just did a little more next year to bump up to the next level, we'd be in better shape. Maybe this can at least show people what they can do to be more involved. I'd like to eventually develop some training, or maybe a video, that explains each step, and how to do it best.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
You forgot those that have been involved in every level of land use for many years and on many fronts and got tired of others not caring or doing a damn thing so they decided to get back to basics and enjoy our public lands while they still can.

yeah, I was going to put that as G10. That would probably be the biggest category on there.

Agreed!

I'm G11 and I'm taking FU4 with me :D

Proactive thinking! Hear, hear! :rofl:

zukijames

i've wrote a few letters johnson valley, coyote, hanging tree but i always feel stupid i liked the one for the hammers because they had a letter generator set up so it made things easier.. also i have posted about coyote and hanging tree in other places not much response but it cant hurt to try

maybe you ttora guys could post things on there next time we have something like coyote or hanging tree..

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I dont think letter generators are as effective, yea they might produce volume because they are easy, but they dont say much because they are easy. when someone takes the time to actually type out there thoughts on a certain subject even if they arent the most brilliant or well written, I think it has more meaning and possibly has more genuine sway to it.

Badbuggy

rock star
It really doesn't matter how you say it. Just let the managers of our public land know that you don't want to see them close or restrict access to our land.

Thanks!, to anyone who takes any time from their busy life to help save my access to our land.