Prayers please

airmanwilliams

Need some prayers sent my wife's way please everyone. Back in the doctors office a 3rd time this week for her OHSS. Not going away at all.

As some of you may know we decided to try IVF to have another child. Well, a week after the embryo transfer it became hard for her to breathe and she was very weak so we went into the ER Sunday and they gave her an iv and sent us on our way saying everything was fine and to follow up Monday with our IVF doctor. We went in to see a doctor Monday and they ended up having to drain 2 liters of fluid from her abdomen and told us she had OHSS or Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome that caused the fluid build up and it should be gone soon. The next day it got bad again and so we went in Wednesday and they drained 4 liters of fluid from her abdomen and being Friday we are back in to get more drained again.

I have been lucky to have the time off since we were planning to go to Oregon but I have to go back to the two jobs this coming Wednesday and I'm worried she won't get better real soon and our 6 year old will be home.

Please if you pray, please send some our way for my wife Erin.

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

Well we had hoped that it would only last a few days and maybe one week max but the doctor told us saturday that she is in fact pregnant and that the HCG in her blood from that may make it last longer. Doctor says a week, two weeks, maybe a month. All in all she in the last week had 10 Liters of fluid pulled from her abdomen(2liters last monday, 4 liters wednesday, 2 liters friday, and 2 liters Sunday).

The good news is that the invertro(sp?) worked and we have our first ultrasound on the 26th to see if one or two eggs implanted.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Congrats! OHSS sucks, Kami had a very mild case of it. It is the light at the end of the IVF tunnel though...

Houndoc

Congratulations of the pregnancy. Many exciting years lay ahead!

Sounds like will be a challenging one, but hang tough and know our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

airmanwilliams

Well we are going to keep it on the down low with family and friends on facebook until our 10 week ultrasound on September 9th but I cannot contain myself and have to tell you guys here. If you and I are friends on facebook dont post anything on my wall or my wife will KILL me.

WE ARE HAVING TWINS!

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    512.3 KB · Views: 15