Pritchet Canyon rated a 9 for EJS 2010?

Pritchet Canyon is rated a 9 for EJS 2010. Has it gotten that much harder? Does it make sense to take a 1995 Grand Cherokee lifted 6" with 35" tires front and rear lockers and a winch on Pritchet or is it basically the same as last year?

Steve

LT.

Where did you see that it was rated at a 9 at? Last I knew it was measured on a scale of one to five. Pritchett was a catagory five last I knew.

Your jeep may have some trouble in some of the areas. But, nothing that a winch could not get you over. But, you may not want to listen to me too much. I have yet to finish Pritchett to date I am 0-2.

LT.

1995zj

I'm addicted
The rating scale has changed to a 1-10 scale.

It keeps getting more washed out and it is a bit harder than last year, but if you ran it last year you should be able to run it again this year.

sparky

I noticed on this one and a few others it says, lockers at least 33s and a winch required. So if I don't have a winch are they gonna turn me away?

notajeep

Just me
You have to keep in mind that for ejs, they need to move a large group of rigs through with the least amount of problems as possible. I'm sure they wouldn't turn you away, but I am also sure you don't want to be they guy to hold the group up.
That being said.... ejs is a great time staffed by many great people who will do most anything to help anyone out.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
I noticed on this one and a few others it says, lockers at least 33s and a winch required. So if I don't have a winch are they gonna turn me away?

That is up to the trail leader. (I assume you are talking about the official EJS runs,)

I am leading Pritchett on Monday 3/29, and I would probably turn away anyone without a winch.

Pritchett has become more difficult every year. However, a good driver in a lesser-built rig certainly can do the trail. The problem is, we as leaders don't know the capabilities of all of our participants. Many times, I have seen mildly-built rigs do just fine, and I have just as often seen built-to-the-hilt rigs struggle. The rules are put in place for the benefit of all the participants, and are intended to help keep people safe and to keep the trail moving.

There are many winch anchors installed on the trail, and they do get used a lot.

I will gladly take anyone who wants to try Pritchett anytime other than Safari. But when I am leading a bunch of people who are paying good money for the ride, then I expect them all to adhere to the minimum requirements.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
when I run a registered trail,(especially if Ive never been on the trail) I always go for a trail that requires less than my rig is capable of...when Im running with my regular crew, and a smaller group we run the big stuff. takes the stress of holding everone up out of the day.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Pritchet Canyon is rated a 9 for EJS 2010. Has it gotten that much harder? Does it make sense to take a 1995 Grand Cherokee lifted 6" with 35" tires front and rear lockers and a winch on Pritchet or is it basically the same as last year?

As long as you're comfortable in your rig, you shouldn't have any problems other than Rock Pile. Rock Pile is a big wall for a full bodied ZJ to climb.

1995zj

I'm addicted
As long as you're comfortable in your rig, you shouldn't have any problems other than Rock Pile. Rock Pile is a big wall for a full bodied ZJ to climb.

Yeah, I've broken many parts on my attempts to make it up. I finally made it once last year.

Even the bypass has gotten pretty ugly and is quite undercut that your driver rear tire likes to get stuck in it.

Where did you see that it was rated at a 9 at? Last I knew it was measured on a scale of one to five. Pritchett was a catagory five last I knew.

Your jeep may have some trouble in some of the areas. But, nothing that a winch could not get you over. But, you may not want to listen to me too much. I have yet to finish Pritchett to date I am 0-2.

LT.

Easter Jeep Safari, 44th Annual March 27 - April 4 pages 39, 40, 41, 48, and 76.

Steve

notajeep

Just me
Here are some of the more difficult parts of pritchett.

[YOUTUBE]cfTzG_aypAg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]y9bMQbwc1VE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7Eb98PAQrS8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kRhhbccVyL0[/YOUTUBE]

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I ran a Grand ZJ w 35's and lockers all the way through Pritchett a few times without any trouble about four years ago, I guess its a little harder now, but I cant imagine you would have too much trouble. I probably wouldnt do it as a registered trail though.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
i heard that pritchet was going to be closed during ejs, or rather limited to redrock only. can anyone confirm or deny this?

Pritchett is one of the trails that RR4W gets exclusive use for on the days it is used for official runs. EJS runs are on 3/28, 3/29, 3/30, 4/1, and 4/3. It is open the rest of the time.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Hmmm, maybe if I'm still there on Monday I'll join you Jeff. Don't think I've ever been on a run with you.

Do it, Bart! We always have a great time.

I'm also gunning Pritchett on Sunday 3/28 (Surgeryturtle is leading).