Pritchett Canyon Parking Lot

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Anyone know the current parking situation at the kane creek side parking lot?

Our youth group is headed to Moab the end of May and one of our leaders has arranged for us to camp on property his friend owns. That leader just sent me a pin of the property on a map. It was literally the Pritchett parking lot. Or at least I know it as the parking lot for trailers. Maybe things have changed in the last few years? As I remember it I don’t think I would want to camp right there.
He also mentioned the old kane creek campground as the property. That would make more sense to me.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Interesting. The way my friend talks it sounds like the property owner has approval to start developing that land. I wonder if that will mess up Pritchett.

If we are camping in the Pritchett parking lot does anyone see a problem with that? I think there could be 18-20 of us and a few tents and trailers. I imagine we will be fighting for space with trail goers.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Interesting. The way my friend talks it sounds like the property owner has approval to start developing that land. I wonder if that will mess up Pritchett.

If we are camping in the Pritchett parking lot does anyone see a problem with that? I think there could be 18-20 of us and a few tents and trailers. I imagine we will be fighting for space with trail goers.

Tis true, they will be developing.

There is a ton of room there, I can't imagine your group causing an issue.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I was told everything on the river side of that road is now closed and actually chained off, along with the campground right at the Pritchett entrance. The Pritchett trail has not been affected as far as I know.

I don't know about the actual parking lot just up and across the road from the Pritchett entrance though.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I was told everything on the river side of that road is now closed and actually chained off, along with the campground right at the Pritchett entrance. The Pritchett trail has not been affected as far as I know.

I don't know about the actual parking lot just up and across the road from the Pritchett entrance though.
A couple years ago I heard it was going to be developed as some kind of glamping area with some condos and such too.

Pritchett access will be a big fight, not sure how they'd get around that easement. The pay-to-pass through scheme isn't even legit.

RockChucker

i think there is a sign at the lot across from pritchett and down river slightly that says no camping? but it has been 4 years since i've been down there so i could be wrong.