Hickey

Premium Member
Supporting Member
So what are the plans for it? It looks like a well built rig. When I have time, I'll read through this thread
Cleanup and TLC, mostly. The salty air of Vancouver Island living has been a little harsh on the finishes.

I'd like to lower it a few inches, too. It was considered somewhat low when the original build started, but I think it inspired others like Rockchucker to build even lower. It's crazy to think that Andy @Evolved finished this build before Sand Hollow was really a thing.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
If you can lower it and keep at least 4-5" of up-travel, I think you'd end up at the perfect height. The front frame will probably be the limiting factor at that point.

Hickey

Premium Member
Supporting Member
If you can lower it and keep at least 4-5" of up-travel, I think you'd end up at the perfect height. The front frame will probably be the limiting factor at that point.
The front frame is definitely an area I want to address at some point. Maybe winter 2024.

This is the engine and trans package Chad installed a few years ago:

Coco

I just got full body shivers thinking of the notching I had to do to my old buggy to make everything work. Had I known what I know now I probably would have chopped the front frame off as well and tubed out the front and back completely, or built from scratch. Was still a lot of fun, learning, and trial and error building it though. :cool: