Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So what are the plans for it? It looks like a well built rig. When I have time, I'll read through this thread
Cleanup and TLC, mostly. The salty air of Vancouver Island living has been a little harsh on the finishes.

I'd like to lower it a few inches, too. It was considered somewhat low when the original build started, but I think it inspired others like Rockchucker to build even lower. It's crazy to think that Andy @Evolved finished this build before Sand Hollow was really a thing.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
If you can lower it and keep at least 4-5" of up-travel, I think you'd end up at the perfect height. The front frame will probably be the limiting factor at that point.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
If you can lower it and keep at least 4-5" of up-travel, I think you'd end up at the perfect height. The front frame will probably be the limiting factor at that point.
The front frame is definitely an area I want to address at some point. Maybe winter 2024.

This is the engine and trans package Chad installed a few years ago:

Coco

I just got full body shivers thinking of the notching I had to do to my old buggy to make everything work. Had I known what I know now I probably would have chopped the front frame off as well and tubed out the front and back completely, or built from scratch. Was still a lot of fun, learning, and trial and error building it though. :cool: