Proud father moments

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Well, you fellers almost had me. I was totally talked into buying a new trailer. We looked at a ton of trailers, and narrowed it down to 2.. and then looked for a long time and narrowed it down to the perfect trailer.

Then when it came time to actually pay for it, I remembered I am spending adverse.

I guess my kids and wife will have to survive their first world problems in our 15 year old camper for now.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So it’s kind of funny. I drove us to the meet up spot and thought I’d be the cool kid and back into our parking spot. Well I stalled it while making my attempt to back up. Livy is very aware of that stuff because I tease her so much when she does it. She started to tease me then I told her this is where we’re parking and I just didn’t feel like reaching up to turn the Jeep off.
So you guys may have noticed I was parked in a very weird spot in the back of the lot. Solely because I couldn’t fix it and give her the satisfaction of teasing me about stalling. 😉

I was very proud of her. She did great. It was a bit more difficult than I was expecting. She missed a 3-2 shift once in the snow while climbing a short steep incline while turning to the right. She had to come to a stop and start over. She’s not strong enough to work the hand brake to prevent rolling backwards so she has to hold the Jeep with the clutch and then transition from brake to throttle. This is something we have practiced over and over in the past. She got us going again without stalling it.
Also, I loved watching her face as she would start to feel the rear end brake free and start to come around when slipping. Scared her every time. Probably happened a hundred times. She was handling them like a pro by the end of the day.

My son Lucas got his first chance at driving the Jeep too. During lunch we cruised down a road in 4 low. He was able to shift from first, second, and then third. I think we did about 10mph. It was perfect for him and he can’t wait for the next try.

Thanks for your guys patients with us yesterday. I think we were a little slow at times.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
When we started she was just supposed to be doing a couple laps around fish springs, I didn't think she wanted to drive on the main road. We had just been bombing around in low range so it was easy to get going. When everyone was taking off I told her we had to go to high range expecting her to struggle more but she just figured it out. I was doing all the shifting with my 13 year old, she didn't want to learn how to run a clutch and shift at the same time. :D She shifts for me so I think it was just a doing multiple things at once thing. She did good, even though I was far more nervous after Fish springs. She drove until we hit snow and had the back end kick out more than it had been in the mud almost putting us in the ditch. It was good I think she drove a few hours, she seems far more excited to get her license than her older sisters.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Well, you fellers almost had me. I was totally talked into buying a new trailer. We looked at a ton of trailers, and narrowed it down to 2.. and then looked for a long time and narrowed it down to the perfect trailer.

Then when it came time to actually pay for it, I remembered I am spending adverse.

I guess my kids and wife will have to survive their first world problems in our 15 year old camper for now.
Hopefully, your kids will learn a very valuable lesson from that. It may take them a number of years into adulthood and I know they’ll come to appreciate these little lessons. Ask me how I know... 😉

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
So it’s kind of funny. I drove us to the meet up spot and thought I’d be the cool kid and back into our parking spot. Well I stalled it while making my attempt to back up. Livy is very aware of that stuff because I tease her so much when she does it. She started to tease me then I told her this is where we’re parking and I just didn’t feel like reaching up to turn the Jeep off.
So you guys may have noticed I was parked in a very weird spot in the back of the lot. Solely because I couldn’t fix it and give her the satisfaction of teasing me about stalling. 😉

I was very proud of her. She did great. It was a bit more difficult than I was expecting. She missed a 3-2 shift once in the snow while climbing a short steep incline while turning to the right. She had to come to a stop and start over. She’s not strong enough to work the hand brake to prevent rolling backwards so she has to hold the Jeep with the clutch and then transition from brake to throttle. This is something we have practiced over and over in the past. She got us going again without stalling it.
Also, I loved watching her face as she would start to feel the rear end brake free and start to come around when slipping. Scared her every time. Probably happened a hundred times. She was handling them like a pro by the end of the day.

My son Lucas got his first chance at driving the Jeep too. During lunch we cruised down a road in 4 low. He was able to shift from first, second, and then third. I think we did about 10mph. It was perfect for him and he can’t wait for the next try.

Thanks for your guys patients with us yesterday. I think we were a little slow at times.
Y’all are awesome! I was wondering what happened on that hill. I figured if any other rig wasn’t able to make it up some hill, I’d have little chance of it.
Thankfully, it was just a great learning opportunity for her and not getting stuck.

I had a great time meeting everyone. Hopefully, I’ll get more opportunities in the future.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It has been fun to watch my boys confidence grow over the last 3 years of racing......really 2 years since last year was the year of Rona. His overall results have significantly improved since the first round in January. With time adjustment, he is showing that he could be competitive in the Pro 250 class by the end of the year.

slmc.jpg

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
It has been fun to watch my boys confidence grow over the last 3 years of racing......really 2 years since last year was the year of Rona. His overall results have significantly improved since the first round in January. With time adjustment, he is showing that he could be competitive in the Pro 250 class by the end of the year.

View attachment 136880
Nice! That is an amazing finish. There were a lot of fast guys out.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
A YAMAHA in your family??? That's got to feel strange!
The last Yamaha in my garage was a 2008 WR 450 that I sold to buy 2008 KTM 300 xc in 2012. Since then it has always been a pumpkin patch in my garage. There will still always be an Austrian influence floating around in my garage.

rholbrook

I am way excited for Jack and the family. Its hard to beat the Yamaha 250. It will be fun to see how he likes it and how he does. I have always bled, yellow, then white, then blue. They just cant make a lightweight XC bike with two less strokes and a magic button and modern technology.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I am way excited for Jack and the family. Its hard to beat the Yamaha 250. It will be fun to see how he likes it and how he does. I have always bled, yellow, then white, then blue. They just cant make a lightweight XC bike with two less strokes and a magic button and modern technology.
He will be on the FX so it will be interesting to see how quickly he adapts to it. I don't think he will have any issues. He can jump between different bikes and gets comfortable pretty quickly. I have always tried to provide him with the best equipment I can but the ability to spend a full day with a suspension tuner to get it dialed will probably be a big difference.