Proud father moments

Tonkaman

Saturday afternoon I took my daughter out for her first dirt bike ride on the mountain. About 3:00pm we headed up AFC to ride the 157 ridge line trail. That was a bit too intimidating so we turned back and rode nearly the full length of 252. I knew that fast flowing single track would get her hooked! She’s been begging to go back since

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Podcast

So after Katelynns Roll we were contacted by a couple of different people to do a Podcast. First ever time doing this but it was fun. I guess the regular podcast they do have a lot of swearing but they kept this one clean for Katelynn. It is a group of XJ owners out of Massachusetts and Connecticut.

We interviewe with Whine, Whiskey and Wheelers next week for another one.

Thursty

I hated high school. I got my license and was MIA for the next two years. Met my future wife who encouraged me to graduate and with whose help I did but just by the skin of my teeth. Went to college and graduated with honors. It’s all about finding your “why”. It’s different for everyone, but man, when you find it nothing can hold you back.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Just go to a school in the shitty part of town. I had one quarter with more absences than days attended and still lettered in academics ha ha. In some schools, just kinda showing up gets you there.

I'm toying with getting a masters again, and my current regret is that I should have spent less time wheeling and more time on school my last two years of college. I had a 3.6 in the honors department when I was admitted to upper division between my sophomore and junior years, and graduated with a 2.97. I took the C's get degrees a little too literally ha ha

Houndoc

The graduation and school accomplishment posts are fun to see. There is something to be said for being able to look at your kids and see that at least to this point they are headed in the right direction (mostly defined in my mind as being decent humans.)
My son and his wife graduated BYU this year (well, she finished in December). His next step is medical school at the U.
282193138_4943233952456026_4512297990575473537_n.jpg

Houndoc

This year was the first time we did Lake Powell with a house boat (although have been going regularly since 1970.)
When I caught up in the boat, I was surprised to find out it was my daughters co-piloting (one driving, one navigating.) We ended up letting my 22 year old basically become captain for the week, including beaching and docking at the fuel dock.

PXL_20220602_181905974.jpg