Northern Utah Providence Canyon run- Dec 1st

XJEEPER

We have a few XJs from the NAXJA crowd committed and I want to throw this out to the RME crowd as well.

Plan to meet in the parking lot of the Providence, Utah Macey's Food and Drug at 9:00am on Sat, Dec 1st. We will plan on rolling out at 9:30am, so either come prepared with food/drinks/fuel for the trail or arrive early enough to fill your coolers at Macey's. There is a Maverik store across the street to fuel, if needed.

Map of Providence, Ut http://goo.gl/maps/6ijDO

Rigs should have at least 31" tires with at least 1 LS/Locker, 32-33's+ and LS/Lockers recommended. All run required trail gear (straps, tow points, fire ext. first aid kit, hand tools to fix your junk) as well.
CB radio is HIGHLY recommended, tune to CH32. There will be limited/no cell coverage while in the canyon.

The plan is to run up Providence Cyn to Mt Logan, then as a group we can decide if we return back down PC, or head towards Logan Canyon and exit via Old Ephraim Rd. This will be determined by snow pack and rig capability.

Plan on an all-day run and depending on group size, trail conditions and barring no breakdowns, we should be off the trail by 4-ish.

Jeff 801-three 9 zero-nine zero 1 ate

SpeedyVic

Any fishing spots along the way?

Nothing once you pass Hyrum. There's some good fly fishing on the Logan river right now, but that's way out of the way if the gate at Girls Scout Camp is locked. The Blacksmith is also good, but the Left Hand gate is supposed to be closed too!

Hyrum dam is about the best bet if you're a worm drowner.

Sent from the Outer Limits via Android.

OB1

Anybody going from the Clearfield area that I can follow up to Providence? We would need to be back for the wife to be to work for 6 pm. I know the way, just thought it would be nice to head up as a group from Davis county.

BlackWiddow

There is a group from Mount Logan Offroad Going up Saturday, They will meet at the Upper parking lot. I will be there But will not go too far up as my rig is my dd.

XJEEPER

New road is soccer mom approved to the quarry. I do like what they have done to minimize future erosion and the creation of a mtn bike trail in the lower canyon is pretty cool. It was great to meet and wheel with some new RME folks on the trail today and PC never fails to bring a new challenge. Today's were an icy climb through basketball sized boulders above the quarry that required locked front and rear diffs, on to snow with icy patches underneath with several challenging off-camber slide-off areas and top it off with great snow conditions for wheeling up top.

We shared the trail with the folks from Rockslide Eng. and later the warming hut for lunch. Ya'll who didn't show really missed out on a great day on the trail.

TJ4Me

Anybody take some pics to share? I went up later and saw a few rigs coming down, one of which was rockslide engineering. I only went up to the rock quarry for a short bit.