Northern Utah Providence canyon Saturday October 5

Troop92

Sorry, going to have to bail out. Helping a buddy move - he pretty much owns me for all the help he's given me over the years. Next time for sure.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Never been there, what can be expected

The trail starts at an old rock quarry then narrows down to a trail that eventually ends up on Mt Logan peak. Mountainous terrain with a trail that is fairly technical in some spots. 31"+ tires, sliders and a locker are recommended. The quarry can be as easy or as difficult as you want to make it. Lots of scenery and the new snowfall could make things a little more interesting. I've heard the trail is comparable to the Mineral Basin trail in AF canyon. Hope this helps :)

Toad

I got a prov canyon question for ya. So when you get to the quarry you can take a left and head up towards mt logan or you can go right towards the waterfall. So if you hang a right headed towards the waterfall there is a left turn about halfway down. Where does that go? Also if you drive past the waterfall along on that shelf road where does that go?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Toad the shelf you take to walk to the waterfall (south side of canyon) just goes to the waterfall and stops. The shelf below (the one I think you're talking about) has a trail that switchbacks up the cliffs and eventually dumps you out on the main Prov canyon trail about 1/2 mile above the quarry. That route is too steep to go up however I did see some people come down it in a stock crew cab Ford... They were about as white as a ghost and lucky to be alive imo :eek: I came down it on a dirtbike once and it was like riding a bobsled with no brakes.

notajeep

Just me
I've been up and down the road in question. .. it is very steep, and the switch backs are very tight. But in a dry day in the summer it is very doable.