Public Service Announcement: Nebraska is Flat and Really Boring

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I'm out in Nebraska this week for a couple days of work. I'm fixing some idiots PSV (pressure safety valve) design that would kill someone when they go off. Venting emergency blow off valves at a persons feet is not good!!! DOPE!

Anyway. I'm working 1 hour west of Lincoln. The drive is perfectly straight. So straight, I can set the cruise and tie the steering wheel straight and take a nap, if there was no one else on the interstate. Luckily now I have been able to drive I80 in 4 states: Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah and Nevada...wow, I'm lucky.

Thanks. Can't wait to get back to the mountains and inversion.:greg:

rustyoljeep

Soon to be Flinstoning it
I drove the length of Nebraska when I moved here.... after driving through most of Iowa as well. Luckily it got dark halfway through Nebraska so I couldn't be disappointed with what I couldn't see.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I met a girl that was really pretty and she was from Kansas, so I always imagined Kansas as nice haha.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I drove a 1984 Pace Arrow across all of I-80 to New York one summer. Then to Florida and back on I-70. 65mph max with no AC brought the mental pain.
America. has got some wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open spaces.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I've been driving a Jeep Patriot. I've been rallying the hell out of it. Poor rental car. Its amazing how you get used to the amenities in your land rover. And realize how scrappy American vehicles have become. All plastic all over. That was my snob post of the day.

blznnp

I'll be driving that way this summer, but just passing through. will be in the car by myself so I guess I should be prepared to be bored out of my mind. Going from here to Madison, WI

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Tornados. Another reason I could never live out there. It was scary enough when we lived in North Dakota and Eastern Montana. I just feel safe and secure in the mountains. I've never had a storm that scared me badly in the mountains.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
This is from yesterday. Driving Back to Lincoln Nebraska from a job site.

1919675_10152691771515028_7470190223197793572_n.jpg