Question for gun folks...

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks

This is the kind of statistical manipulation that really pisses me off. In this study they note that 52% of the injuries were age 15-17. Later in the study that state that guns are the number 1 killer of kids. They don't tell you they removed deaths from age 0-1 and that they call 17 year old teens kids. They also don't highlight that the overwhelming majority of these were suicides (still tragic but not a gun specific problem) and assault by the 15-17 year old group, AKA gang violence. The gun control lobby uses this misrepresentation of stats to push more gun laws when by their own study, the majority of the victims were shot by people who can't legally own a gun now.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

This is the kind of statistical manipulation that really pisses me off. In this study they note that 52% of the injuries were age 15-17. Later in the study that state that guns are the number 1 killer of kids. They don't tell you they removed deaths from age 0-1 and that they call 17 year old teens kids. They also don't highlight that the overwhelming majority of these were suicides (still tragic but not a gun specific problem) and assault by the 15-17 year old group, AKA gang violence. The gun control lobby uses this misrepresentation of stats to push more gun laws when by their own study, the majority of the victims were shot by people who can't legally own a gun now.
There was a billboard near Cokeville last year that said something like “millions of kids have access to unlocked guns” and my first thought was “shit I better arm up against them!” (Sarcasm obviously)

They always use kids to push these agendas because it’s an emotional manipulation.