Quick and cheapest way to Boise?

D

Deleted member 12904

I make that trip all to often.. honestly fastest/cheap way is rent a car and drop it off in Boise. You’re looking at about $100 to do that. I just priced it Wednesday because I couldn’t get a quicker flight out.

D

Deleted member 12904

Alamo I had to return my rental and get a new one.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Five hour drive, but between arriving early for your flight and then waiting for your baggage and then getting an Uber or whatever you're going to spend at least three hours flying. I'd rent a car and get a good ebook and you're set.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Well, we looked at two rigs and both were pretty disappointing. Spent about 10 hours with my 20 yr old at 86-87 mph there and back (avg speed 77.3 mph @ 22.3 mpg according to the car computer widget). Left Woods Cross at 5:30 am, got back at 3:45. Looked at two Excursions and left them in Boise. The one would have worked but was a bit of a project cosmetically. Between the “Jeep” and MJ, I’d rather not have an Excursion project.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
When I bought my 6.0 engine it was from Caldwell, ID. I had driven to ID before but the furthest I had been was Chubbuck and I didn't realize that Caldwell was like another 30 minutes past Boise, I didn't leave Utah County until like 5 PM thinking I would get up there around 7:30 or so, the guy was pissed that I didn't get there til almost 11pm ha. Didn't get home til like 4:30am the next morning.

It's also the closest I've ever been to running out of fuel before, because I didn't realize there is practically nothing for several hours in between Idaho cities. The first gas station I came to didn't have diesel and I had to drive another 40 miles to the next one. Don't know how I didn't run out.

Last edited:

Agility Customs

Vendor
When I bought my 6.0 engine it was from Caldwell, ID. I had driven to ID before but the furthest I had been was Chubbuck and I didn't realize that Caldwell was like another 30 minutes past Boise, I didn't leave Utah County until like 5 PM thinking I would get up there around 7:30 or so, the guy was pissed that I didn't get there til almost 11pm ha. Didn't get home til like 4:30am the next morning.

It's also the closest I've ever been to running out of fuel before, because I didn't realize there is practically nothing for several hours in between Idaho cities. The first gas station I came to didn't have diesel and I had to drive another 40 miles to the next one. Don't know how I didn't run out.

Its funny you mentioned running out of gas, My buddy Matt and I were coming back from an Idaho X rocks comp and ran out of gas at like 2 in the morning. It was the worst. We unloaded my Cj with a broken rear Crosspin in the differential and hauled ass in front wheels drive for about 15 miles to the next Flying J