Quick Evening Ride Up Old Ward Canyon

jeffha4

Ran up old ward tonight with the SO. Didn't get many pics, actually only got one poser pic, as we were trying to make good time.

Saw a BUNCH of motos all along the route, and two sunset watchers at the mud pit.

Started at the bottom and worked our way up. Only the very top stretch had any water, two puddles. Otherwise it was pretty dry - moist clay maybe. But I wasn't eating anything up, and the car/tires didn't get muddy. So I'd say from here on out, the conditions should be good!

Some of the washes have really gotten deep this season. Had to walk a line or two that had gotten rutted out really bad. But nothing that's not passable, obviously.

Here's my poser pic.

Okay, I lied to you guys.... I have 3 poser pics. But they're all in the same spot.

jeffha4

Good to know it's passable to the top now. Been denied twice this year already!

I saw that in the thread from last month. Bummer, especially that yukon... If that jack-wagon wasn't in the way, you probably would've made the whole thing.

Troop92

We might have been able to, at least farther than we did, the snow was good consistency for driving on, wasn't icy and had good bite - unless you're a Yukon with balding highway tires!

jeffha4

Made it! Owe you a ride, jeffha4.

Nice, and we'll make up for it sometime.

We did a run again today, I dragged my old mother along with us(she's not really that old). I think the pucker factor was a bit much for her, but my wife and I had a great time.

I snapped a few pics to show the lines I took on the 'sketchy' areas. The Rover driver didn't do quite as well today, didn't quite make it as flawlessly as my run earlier this week.

I was probably thrown off by the side X side that was coming down the first wrap-around area, where all the wash-outs are. He had a tire that came off the bead, so he couldn't maneuver. I had to reverse probably 400 ft or so to a place he could turn off. sketch.

But here are the pics. In order from bottom to top. Only 4 of them, in 3 areas.

ya4WlYx.jpg

aSPQ3hz.jpg

ZUixLqp.jpg

rPxCRSK.jpg

Sorry for spamming you guys with my car.

RockLegendsUT

I went up there yesterday and came out on buckland ridge and took the main road back to the parking area. Everything went pretty smooth. Does anyone know of there are any other good trails in that area?