Radiator Shop

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Like to get a radiator for a 1st gen 4runner repaired anyone have a shop they like in the SLC area preferably in the south end of the valley.

That or an aftermarket radiator you've had success with. Heard some horror stories on crappy aftermarket stuff fitment/quality issues. Fairly certain this is the OEM radiator so probably higher quality tanks than any cheap crappy Chinese stuff.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
The last radiator I bought for my Tacoma was just off Rockauto. They have various options from the stock style with plastic ends to a full aluminum premium option.

Fit fine and quality looked the same as what it replaced. Old one I snagged on a rock which caused the replacement ;)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
J-Mac Radiator
3520 S State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84115
(801) 268-0919

I've had a few Radiators and Gas Tanks cleaned or repaired by them and have been very happy with the price.

Good to hear where I was thinking of going
The last radiator I bought for my Tacoma was just off Rockauto. They have various options from the stock style with plastic ends to a full aluminum premium option.

Fit fine and quality looked the same as what it replaced. Old one I snagged on a rock which caused the replacement ;)

Looked on there, seem to be all for autos with the trans cooler. Non of the core measurements seem to match what I pulled out.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Intermountain Radiator on State and about 1600 S.

These guys did my brass Mepco radiator a couple years ago. Great to work with and good/excellent results

Last edited:

Corban_White

A little farther south then the south end of the valley, but Tanner's Radiator in American Fork is awesome. I've had several repairs done there over the last 15 years and they always went above and beyond. One time I took a snowmobile cooler that I thought was leaking to have them repair it and they steam cleaned it, pressure tested it and told me it wasn't leaking. I tried to pay them for cleaning and testing but they wouldn't let me, since they didn't fix anything. Real stand up shop.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Grrrrr. As feared the crappy plastic new one doesn't fit right. I guess my old was rebuildable just $$$$