Radiowest on KUER - As we Speak

This is on as we speak (11-12 this morning). They are doing a show about the Obama administration and its effects on land use. Remember that this is primarily a liberal audience (NPR) so do not alienate yourself (and our cause) by referring to liberals or democrats in durogatory terms.

It would be nice to see some comments from the 4WD community. Along the lines of "this land needs to be managed, not closed" and "they want to close thousands of miles of jeep roads because of a few problem areas that are poorly managed" etc.

Please submit via their web site KUER and remember that we only have about 40 minutes!

Well, luckily not too much discussion on land use and 4WD vehicles. They brought in Heidi for the last 10 minutes or so and she did get a jab in on the 4WD vehicle front and endangered species/watershed/ etc but that was about it. It was mostly about energy use and relatively balanced in my opinion with both guys on the right and guys on the left. Which is is also why I don't think they read my statement as it was very good if Land Use had come up.

Conclusion of the show is they think Obama will be "balanced" but at the same time I do think we have some hard times coming. The administration has specifically expressed issues over concern about Utah and as we know SUWA appears to be energized in relation to the incoming administration and we are going to have to work hard to save our access.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
If this was what I was listening to this morning, SUWA was very excited about the prospects of the Red Rock Wilderness, almost gloating. That alone makes me nervous. We lost the Grand Staircase without a fight at ALL.

EDIT: Let me elaborate: When I say "without a fight" I mean, not enough people protested the stroke of Clinton's pen, and so it remains. Once the government does something, it is rarely undone.

Tell everyone you know to get involved. It's not that hard to write a letter, email, sign a petition, join a land-access advocacy group like U4WDA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, etc. Get on it! Do your duty now for the future!!!!

Last edited: