Random picture thread

JeeperG

We need a new picture thread, after spending countless hours digitizing old photos, slides and negatives I feel bad for whoever has to go through my hard drive when I'm gone.

Share a picture, one picture and maybe a description.

I'll start.

An older brother and cousin in the back of my uncle's 3100, we still have it, member when we could drive around with gun racks in trucks, might still have both those muzzleoader's too.

img591.jpg

DAA

Way back in the day. Me, two buddies and both of their little brothers. Five of us. Three in the cab, two riding in the back. With the five deer and all our camping gear. Book Cliffs. Tore out a rear brake line getting to one of the deer. Not much brakes on the ride home. Got a lot of looks from people. Good times!

scan0036.jpg

- DAA

JeeperG

Way back in the day. Me, two buddies and both of their little brothers. Five of us. Three in the cab, two riding in the back. With the five deer and all our camping gear. Book Cliffs. Tore out a rear brake line getting to one of the deer. Not much brakes on the ride home. Got a lot of looks from people. Good times!

scan0036.jpg

- DAA
Back when you could go places without seeing other people and no outside communication for weeks. :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Me with my first 4x4. Covered in mud from when you could still wheel Hog Hollow. View attachment 136410

One of my first wheelin experiences was up Hogs Hollow, the most built rig was a badass FJ40 with a SOA, 35's and a SBC under the hood. Watching him blast around sold me on wheelin right then and there!

Grove Creek in the background?

Thursty

One of my first wheelin experiences was up Hogs Hollow, the most built rig was a badass FJ40 with a SOA, 35's and a SBC under the hood. Watching him blast around sold me on wheelin right then and there!

Grove Creek in the background?

Battle Creek actually. Good eye, Greg. My parents house was right below the G.

Last edited:

JeeperG

Main Street, Cedar City. Pretty sure from the building and then I saw Parkway on the front of the Jeep. Went to school there, late 80s early 90s. Not the same place it used to be but I still like Cedar City.
Main street hasn't changed much, names of the businesses change but the buildings haven't.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You know they used to do chariot/cutter races every Saturday at the Lagoon racetrack in the late 60's and 70's. I have a couple 5-600 photos of this stuff along with some rodeo that I donated to the current association, they still have some of the same family's doing it.

View attachment 136480
I remember they used to do a lot of horsey stuff when I was little. It felt more like State Fair when we went back then.