Rattlesnake

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
I have heard of a little trail in Hobble Creek Canyon left fork. Its called Rattlesnake I guess. I took my bronco up it b4, got stuck 4 times. Anyway is it open right now?

my4thjeep

Greg said:
East of Spanish Fork... really neat place, but nothing extreme.
Its actually East of Springville off of 400 S turn right on S Canyon Rd
Not difficult fun to explore and can be driven all the way to Strawberry with out touching paved road.

Geepfreak

I'm here.
my4thjeep said:
Its actually East of Springville off of 400 S turn right on S Canyon Rd
Not difficult fun to explore and can be driven all the way to Strawberry with out touching paved road.

I was under the impression that you could not get to Strawberry from there.?

my4thjeep

It depends on which way you go as if you can make it to strawberry. There are a lot of different roads.

First it depends on which canyon you follow after hobble creek golf course. Strawberry can be made either direction. The left turn (same road) goes to Wallsburg via a dirt road that crosses private property in several places. Eventually you do take a paved road to get to another trail that takes you to strawberry.

If you continue straight at the left turn after Hobble creek golf course you can make it to strawberry. Just stay to the left on the major forks. You can also get to Diamond Fork Canyon and other places I dont know the names of.

my4thjeep

i strongly recommend using USAPHOTOMAPS for using GPS and TerraServer
http://jdmcox.com/ It does the satelite photos and topographical maps and it downloads them to the hd for burnable cds and mobile use.

Create a new map and use GPS Cordinates N 40.164145 W 111.500545 Its the turn I speak of.

GR4x4

Stop the MADNESS
I've been back in there. It is alot of fun. You can also drive over to Provo Canyon from there. Nothing major hard but still quite a fun trip with the family.

But to put an answer to your question, don't know if it is open. Why would it be closed.

my4thjeep

Greg said:
My bad... I knew it was somewhere down there. :)
No prob :) just didn't want people looking for it where it might not be.
Personal experience looking for a trail from forum that didn't have the correct info. not this site of course :bow:

fastdrmr

my4thjeep said:
i strongly recommend using USAPHOTOMAPS for using GPS and TerraServer
http://jdmcox.com/ It does the satelite photos and topographical maps and it downloads them to the hd for burnable cds and mobile use.

Create a new map and use GPS Cordinates N 40.164145 W 111.500545 Its the turn I speak of.

This is an awesome program!!! Thanks for sharing... I can't tell you how much time I have spent in Photoshop making compilations of maps.

THANKS!