Rec/open areas?

great scott

As most of you know the King Crawlers mostly myself, and Marvin have been working with the Price BLM on the RMP. One issue that keeps coming up is recreation and or open/cross country areas. Either of witch we would be asked to BUILD trail systems for. The big hang up is liability, the BLM wants the county or other to take them over. It has even been lightly discussed for the King Crawlers to do :eek: . Lots of issues here, any ides?

BLH

great scott said:
As most of you know the King Crawlers mostly myself, and Marvin have been working with the Price BLM on the RMP. One issue that keeps coming up is recreation and or open/cross country areas. Either of witch we would be asked to BUILD trail systems for. The big hang up is liability, the BLM wants the county or other to take them over. It has even been lightly discussed for the King Crawlers to do :eek: . Lots of issues here, any ides?
Contact U4wda, after all is that what they are State offroad Club. Sad part is they probably would help you, unless you are member. But sure would be nice to see them do something out of there normal record.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
BLH said:
Contact U4wda, after all is that what they are State offroad Club. Sad part is they probably would help you, unless you are member. But sure would be nice to see them do something out of there normal record.

Thanks for the kind words Brent... :rolleyes:

Get your records straight...
1. King Crawlers are most definetely a U4WDA club!
2. We help clubs/individuals in every way we can, regarless of their membership status.
3. U4WDA is a State Association (NOT A CLUB), you know everything, you should know that...
4. The U4WDA has helped the King Crawlers in the past when asked for help, I need not waste my time defending that comment...
5. You are yet to actually do something to help... all you do is critisize and complain. I have personally asked you to help in the past, yet all you do is continue to make negative remarks towards a dedicated group of VOLUNTEERS. I have never met you, nor do I really care to after all your comments towards which you know NOTHING about. You have never offered to help, I have never seen you at a trail cleanup, you have done nothing but TALK. STFU! :mad:

Quit being an oxygen theif and come help out the U4WDA (or even just answer Scott's question) if you are so holy...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
To answer your question Scott

Here are a couple ideas/thoughts...

Why does the BLM require that someone else take the liability of the land they are all ready liable for? I have heard this in the past from the BLM/USFS (nothing official, just in passing). I guess I fail to see where they would be MORE liable because they actually promote recreation on the same property (seems counterproductive??)

Is Carbon County against taking liability for these trails? I can admit it doesn't sound too feasable from a couple standpoints for a County to take it over, especially your County which has done an AMAZING job for the 4x4 crowd (thanks to you!) already.

I would make contact with a couple different groups to see what their thoughts are:

1. Usa-All - they can tell you the legal standpoint of the liability,

2. PLEAA, I know they were instrumental in the new Shoshone trail system up North, not sure how they handled the liability end of things.

3. Marsha Terry (U4WDA Board Member), Marsha is on the Motorized Rec. board, and could probably help you guys get some Federal Grant money to make these trail builds happen, they have funded tons of other projects that quailify. Let me know if you need Marsha's email info...

Hope that helps :D

great scott

cruiseroutfit said:
To answer your question Scott

Here are a couple ideas/thoughts...

Why does the BLM require that someone else take the liability of the land they are all ready liable for? I have heard this in the past from the BLM/USFS (nothing official, just in passing). I guess I fail to see where they would be MORE liable because they actually promote recreation on the same property (seems counterproductive??)

Is Carbon County against taking liability for these trails? I can admit it doesn't sound too feasable from a couple standpoints for a County to take it over, especially your County which has done an AMAZING job for the 4x4 crowd (thanks to you!) already.

I would make contact with a couple different groups to see what their thoughts are:

1. Usa-All - they can tell you the legal standpoint of the liability,

2. PLEAA, I know they were instrumental in the new Shoshone trail system up North, not sure how they handled the liability end of things.

3. Marsha Terry (U4WDA Board Member), Marsha is on the Motorized Rec. board, and could probably help you guys get some Federal Grant money to make these trail builds happen, they have funded tons of other projects that quailify. Let me know if you need Marsha's email info...

Hope that helps :D
I knew U4 could help, and that's just the kind of stuff I was looking for. Please do e-mail or pm me her contact info. Carbon county is good but one area is in Emery and we have not contacted them jusy yet.