Recommendations for exhaust shop

ozzy702

The exhaust on my 97' XJ is pretty shot. I'm tossing a header on soon to replace the cracked manifold due to my shot motor mounts which I'll also be replacing and was considering replacing the entire exhaust. I'm sure it will cost more than I really want to spend but does anyone know of any reasonably priced exhaust shops locally?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Almost every is going to tell you Rick's Muffler in Orem, and they're right. Awesome prices, great service, it's worth the drive from Magna and I don't go anywhere else now.

crawler dude12

I love rick!!! He is my neighbor! Great guy and his shop is truly amazing!!! That's where I got my catalytic converter replaced!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
My vote goes to buying a bunch of 180 degree mandrel bends and doing it yourself.... Thats what I always do, its mucho cheaper and its done exactly how you want it the first time

sixstringsteve

another vote for ricks muffler or skippy's idea. I've never done my own exhaust, but it seems pretty straightforward.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
another vote for ricks muffler or skippy's idea. I've never done my own exhaust, but it seems pretty straightforward.

You can get a lot tighter bends, doing it with mandrels, that way its fits better and easier and often time since were working around rear four links with tons travel you really need to be able to tuck it and squeeze it in places a regular bender cant make happen

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
does Ricks do mandrel bending? I bought a cat system for my LJ and it has the kinks from non mandrel bending and I would like to replace most of the tubing.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
does Ricks do mandrel bending?

No, he does not have a mandrel bender. Don't let that stop you. You can always buy some bulk mandrel bends, carry them to his shop, and have him fab up exactly what you want. That's what I have done, anyway.

+1 for Rick's Muffler.

ozzy702

I can ask in general tech but I'll ask here since I already have a thread. Any recommendations on tubing size and on hi-flow vs. stock style cats and mufflers? I don't want something loud and obnoxious but sure would like to squeeze as much gas mileage out of this thing as possible if I'm going through the hassle of replacing the exhaust.

dutchman

KI7KSV
I'm bumping this for recommend shops in northern Davis County. I've been to Master Muffler in Clearfield and was happy with their work. Just wanted to see if anyone from here owns/works at a shop in the area.

rholbrook

I have used Master Muffler before and was happy and have used Ray's in Bountiful with the same result. Happy with both shops. I normally go to Rays but I was in Layton when my Cat decided to fall apart and plug the exhaust so because I was right by Master Muffler I pulled in there.