Red Rock 4-Wheelers Jeep Safari permit renewal, any suggestions?

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Well it's that time again, we need to renew our five-year permit with the Moab BLM Field Office. We have already submitted a preliminary outline of trail choices to be considered, obviously all of our current Jeep Safari trails were included. We have also included a few additional trails which we are hoping can be added to the permit.

So far we have asked for:
- The Pickle
- Mashed Potatoes
- Where Eagles Dare
- Rusty Nail
- and making the 3 Hot Tubs, Hell's Gate, and the Escalator official parts of Hell's Revenge

There are also a few omissions on current Jeep Safari trails which we are asking for including overviews at Day Point, and Hatch Point.

I am planning on submitting some additional trails and routes such as:
- Coyote Canyon (which is first in line to be considered as a trail once all the rest of the current RMP trails are marked)
- Adding the part of the wash which connects from the bridge by Coyote Canyon to the bottom of the private property boundary on Strike Ravine, this would also give people an opportunity to drive from Coyote Canyon to Area BFE without getting on the main County Road, as well as give an optional exit from Strike Ravine for breakdowns.

If you have any additional routes or trails you would like considered for the new permit please let me know ASAP! I told the permit coordinator that I would get her an amended proposal within a week so she can start working on it and hopefully have the paperwork completed by summer which should give plenty of time to address any anticipated legal challenges, as I'm sure will happen, and still allow the implementation by 2012.

Any additional suggestions need to include a very detailed description of where they are, and where they go; marked or highlighted maps would be preferable.

Keep in mind this is the same permit which will be used by everybody in the area including Bronco Safari, Zuki Safari (or whatever it's called), etc., as well as the local tour companies.

Feel free to post up on here, or e-mail me personally at cojeep at yahoo.com.

Thank you!
David
RR4W Land-Use Officer

roverrocks

How about the Jackson Hole Trail in conjunction with the Chicken Corners trail? I've only wheeled the Jackson Hole Trail once and it's very easy but I thought it was very,very scenic especially the loop part around the huge butte and below Cliff Hanger. An old mining area or two out their as well if I remember correctly.
Another run would be up Onion Creek, up the Thompson Canyon trail, make a loop on Polar Mesa and return the same route back down to Hyw. 128 and Moab. Not tough wheeling but once again very scenic.

nrspence

So far we have asked for:
- The Pickle
- Mashed Potatoes
- Where Eagles Dare
- Rusty Nail
- and making the 3 Hot Tubs, Hell's Gate, and the Escalator official parts of Hell's Revenge

I really hope you get these trails, The Pickle, and Rusty Nail are awesome!
Nate

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
How about the Jackson Hole Trail in conjunction with the Chicken Corners trail? I've only wheeled the Jackson Hole Trail once and it's very easy but I thought it was very,very scenic especially the loop part around the huge butte and below Cliff Hanger. An old mining area or two out their as well if I remember correctly.
Another run would be up Onion Creek, up the Thompson Canyon trail, make a loop on Polar Mesa and return the same route back down to Hyw. 128 and Moab. Not tough wheeling but once again very scenic.

I can ask for both of those.

Thanks!

ret32

How about the Jackson Hole Trail in conjunction with the Chicken Corners trail?
x2.

That's mostly SITLA land isn't it? Also, you have to cross private property to get out to Jackson Hole and then you cross some more private property to make the loop (per the Monticello BLM maps). Don't know if those facts make getting the permit any harder.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
x2.

That's mostly SITLA land isn't it? Also, you have to cross private property to get out to Jackson Hole and then you cross some more private property to make the loop (per the Monticello BLM maps). Don't know if those facts make getting the permit any harder.

I'll look into that, for sure.